Jaeger Brothers Looking for a 2020 GT500

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It looks like Jaeger Brothers are taking pre-orders for the new 2020 GT500 Splash Guards. They should be available to order next week.

You can pre-order by sending an e-mail to Jason [email protected]

They attach with 1 pushpin and slide over the wheel well lip and the lower rocker panel, They can be installed or remove in a matter of minutes.

Here are few pictures of the latest prototypes.

IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
Thanks Earl!

Is that you in the reflection? Nice to meet you, lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Thanks Earl!

Is that you in the reflection? Nice to meet you, lol
No, they are some pictures that Jager Brothers allowed to be posted.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Are u looking for a 2020 cftp in orlando
A322B471-1A52-40CD-9734-A1771C8AD3F7.png
5E5E1C82-7FE6-44E0-A57E-52092425E7D9.png
Sorry for the sidetrack. Do you have a photo of the box of the car cover that came with your CFTP? (im looking for the part number). Im having a hell of a time ordering a coverking car cover for my inbound car. Also, what color cover did you get?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Now back to business. Jason Jaeger emailed me back and said he is running a list of people to contact when the rock guards are ready. He will email with ordering info soon.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Now back to business. Jason Jaeger emailed me back and said he is running a list of people to contact when the rock guards are ready. He will email with ordering info soon.
Hi my friend Tomster; I talked to Jason about a week ago and I definitely 100% want to order them when Jason has them ready. Count me in. Its funny because he gave me his private number and I have it right on my desk. Ready to roll as they say!!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hi my friend Tomster; I talked to Jason about a week ago and I definitely 100% want to order them when Jason has them ready. Count me in. Its funny because he gave me his private number and I have it right on my desk. Ready to roll as they say!!!!
LOL, you are Mr. Congeniality. You are a hit with everyone you talk to, LOL.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I can see where a track-oriented person would love those, Earl if they go on and off so quickly but two things make them a deal breaker for me.

- That clip on the fender will accumulate dirt and grime behind it and probably scratch the clear. Plus, it just doesn't look right.

- The gap. The way those little pebbles bounce off these tires, for sure those two areas are going to collect them.

An ingenious solution for some but I still like the RokBlokz version better.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I can see where a track-oriented person would love those, Earl if they go on and off so quickly but two things make them a deal breaker for me.

- That clip on the fender will accumulate dirt and grime behind it and probably scratch the clear. Plus, it just doesn't look right.

- The gap. The way those little pebbles bounce off these tires, for sure those two areas are going to collect them.

You need something on the track to keep from beating up the side of the car. The Jaeger Broā€™s version is held on by windlace (clamping over the edge of the fender). I lost two sets of those on track in my GT350. So I wonā€™t buy them again. The RokBlokz version is a solid mount.
I have a track event With the GT500 in two weeks (unless they cancel again...). I expect the RokBlokz will hold tight just like the ZL-1 versions do on my GT350.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m with you guys. For me the gap between the flap and fender is a deal breaker for all the reasons Kent posted, and I have had the same experience with loosing their flaps with only daily driving. Since I added the push pin to the Rockblokz, they have been perfect.

But, this is why options are a good thing. Some like these better, some like the others better. We can all agree paint protection is what matters.

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach I, 2020 GT500, 2021 Edge

Kent,

Valid concerns you've mentioned, but just from my experience with these prototypes, I learned it's quite easy with some constant effort (force) to slide the rubber strip off when I clean my car. The push pin keeps the flap attached to the wheel well when cleaning and I just push the rubber strip back on when finished and away we go. Of course you want to make sure nothing is inside the rubber when you push it back on.

No matter how tight that gap is from the flap to the rocker you are going to get the tiniest pieces of gravel still getting collecting there, so as you can see from the pictures above, I put a foam rocker blocker in there to. Double protection. So far nothing has nicked the sides of my car, the flaps are doing the job as you can see from the many impacts marks in the pictures. They are very solid when attached, side rubber strip, interior rocker strip and push pin connection. Have not tracked my car yet, but I would be extremely surprised if these things came off. I guess time and experience will be the judge.

Happy 4th of July everyone. Enjoy the seat time.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jeff: From the photos, I couldn't tell for sure what material the clips were made from but now knowing they're rubber, makes it much better than hard ABS.

Roger on the foam inserts...I have a pair but I didn't put them back in when the guards went on. Yep, ANY gap will attract debris, no question about that but the bigger problem for me were the pebbles that get back behind the lip of the fender aero which is too small to get your hand in to get them out. :-)

Since I put the Rokblokz on, I have only seen a couple pebbles and they all came out with the pressure washer. It would take me a good five minutes or longer to get them out previous to the guards. Even blowing them out with air which you'd think would be perfect, jams the little ones way back up into the cracks. so rolling up a rag and wiping around seemed to be the only solution.

But I'm sure the JB's are solid products and thanks for the update.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You need something on the track to keep from beating up the side of the car. The Jaeger Broā€™s version is held on by windlace (clamping over the edge of the fender). I lost two sets of those on track in my GT350. So I wonā€™t buy them again. The RokBlokz version is a solid mount.
I have a track event With the GT500 in two weeks (unless they cancel again...). I expect the RokBlokz will hold tight just like the ZL-1 versions do on my GT350.
I take my rock blockers off for track days. I go over all the plastic with gorilla tape and rely on the PPF to protect the paint. Track tape over the PPF where there is high probability of debris impact. The car looks brand new.
Sponsored