Sponsored

Jaeger Brothers Looking for a 2020 GT500

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
That's good to hear, 16, and I hope it continues.
Thanks KB. Much better Avatar picture. I am sorry to have complained but the new one makes me feel so much better under the current circumstances. :)
Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I also approve KB, I finally noticed she did not have red hair...
InkedSNAKE STORM 1_LI.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Curtis: Glad you approve. <grin>

Now, what can you tell me about the photo you posted, it has a surreal look tuit. :-)

When you added the blockout for the plate, did you add a filter or save it in some odd fashion?

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Curtis: Glad you approve. <grin>

Now, what can you tell me about the photo you posted, it has a surreal look tuit. :-)

When you added the blockout for the plate, did you add a filter or save it in some odd fashion?
KB, I used Microsoft Photos for the PC and the filter is called Sahara and I just started playing around with the software (bored). The photo was taken just west of China Lake Naval Weapons Station (Area 50) where I have been supporting the war-fighter for 38 years now. There happened to be a mean storm on the north range and the filter made it look even more menacing. Here is the original shot with a Samsung S7 phone on auto.
snake storm.jpg

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
We just purchased a pair of JLT Performance Rock Blockers at $12.95. They are simply two black foam rubber pieces that are shaped for the opening and slightly over-sized and stuff into the gap. I plan to add double sided tape to secure them for those high speed passes (LOL). These are perfect for me, simple and chunky!
rock block.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Curtis: I too ordered those and they came yesterday. Car is covered and I was too lazy to pull it off to test them. :-) Hard to find motivation at the moment.

As I thought, the Sahara filter and subsequent saving were at the source of the "surreal" look. But honestly, I much prefer the unedited version. :-) Thanks.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Curtis: I too ordered those and they came yesterday. Car is covered and I was too lazy to pull it off to test them. :-) Hard to find motivation at the moment.

As I thought, the Sahara filter and subsequent saving were at the source of the "surreal" look. But honestly, I much prefer the unedited version. :-) Thanks.
Got mine yesterday as well. Popped them in today while I was working on the car. Hang in there buddy.

72A103AE-7103-433D-A85B-01FD5FCBC2C9.jpeg

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Jaime, what is the part number for the Rokblokz? Kudos on using the "belt and suspenders" setup and BTW did you alter the Rokblokz in any way? It looks like you used some type of threadable inserts and drilled the lower points.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, what is the part number for the Rokblokz? Kudos on using the "belt and suspenders" setup and BTW did you alter the Rokblokz in any way? It looks like you used some type of threadable inserts and drilled the lower points.
Hi Curtis,

I purchased the Rokblokz for a GT350 and made a bracket for the top hole. The bottom two mount exactly as the GT350. I made a post in my build thread, the link below will take you right to it. It's super easy.

Jmeo's 2020 GT500 Build

Jaime

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Thank you Jaime the steps look doable. What would you put this mod on the 1-10 scale of difficulty? 10 would be engine rebuild/swap skill level and 1 being opening a beer. BTW taking a wire wheel to the paint...:frown:. I know why you need to but most folks, NOPE.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Jaime the steps look doable. What would you put this mod on the 1-10 scale of difficulty? 10 would be engine rebuild/swap skill level and 1 being opening a beer. BTW taking a wire wheel to the paint...:frown:. I know why you need to but most folks, NOPE.
I would rate it 3 out of 10. No special tools needed, fairly inexpensive. Basically, you are just sticking a bracket to the inside of the fender. I am not sure if you know, but the fenders are composite (plastic), so scuffing up the paint on the inside of the fender is a non issue. That, and that area is just overspray anyway. No harm, no foul.

That said, there is something barbaric taking a wire wheel to a 82 (or more) thousand dollar car..... lol

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
That said, there is something barbaric taking a wire wheel to a 82 (or more) thousand dollar car..... lol
I didnā€™t do the wire wheel thing. I cleaned the area with alcohol and the glue stuck just fine.
Itā€™s a pretty simple job. If you skip the wire wheel thing, it brings the job down to a 2.
Had to buy a bag of those brackets as I couldnā€™t find just two anywhere!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Curtis: Having followed Jaime's lead on the RokBlokz but let me say that your range of difficulty is HUGE. <grin> Maybe "changing a tire to perhaps, doing a CAT Back mod. <bigger smile>

As Jaime's thread indicates, the only real difficulty is "the bracket." But, if you've used your share of epoxy and, you've installed other rock guards in the past, this is not a big deal.

However, comma, I did wind up with about an eighth inch gap that runs a few inches between the guard and the fender that I need to correct and hopefully, I won't have to remove the old bracket and install a new one. That was undoubtedly due to my typical "rushed mode." :-)

Bottom line, it's not a difficult project but you will need to get the vehicle in the air, at least one side at a time, and remove the wheel so you have room, (which you'll need,) to work.