Jaeger Brothers Looking for a 2020 GT500

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm not sure how Jaeger Bros. designed their guards, but I designed mine to slip in and out without attachment hardware.
They have a plug and 2 "clips" with a foam adhesive wrap at contact points to ensure a snug fit.
So far...so good.
flug 1.png
flug 5.jpg
You need more coverage going up the fender. Small rocks get thrown by the cup2s and hit the rear impact area. Xpel sells a rear impact kit, but its half ass. It covers the immediate impact area, but leaves a line between the protected area and the non protected area.
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah...my printer has size limitations but the "flugs" cover most of the problem areas.
Interested in buying a set off you if you are into selling them.....

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Interested in buying a set off you if you are into selling them.....
Thanks for the offer but I didn't plan on selling them. Just wanted more protection than the foam plugs offer...and...I like making stuff.:)
They are made of PLA resin, so I am still testing the durability and reaction to heat.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Make sure you clean and wax the fender lip where the channel contacts the lip.
Thanks for the tip Earl. Extensive detailing begins in ernest tomorrow and will hopefully be finished this weekend. Thanks again.

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I have them on my other two R models, I honestly can say that I don't recall anything that looks horrible. The plus side is easy to install and remove and not having to modify the car. The bad side is that you have that one small piece of channel that press fits to the fender in one small spot.

If I go to the track, chances are that one or more sides will fall off at high speed. I'm talking near 180 MPH. It has happened to me. What I like about the Jaeger guards is that I can remove them for such an event with minimal effort. If I'm on the track, I have so much track tape all over everything that I'm not worried about having rock guards at all.
Thanks Tom. My concern is the channel on the fender. I will definitely get them on this weekend and give them a try. Jaeger offers a 30 day return policy so if they don’t work for me I will just return them. Thanks again for your detailed advice, always appreciated.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Tom. My concern is the channel on the fender. I will definitely get them on this weekend and give them a try. Jaeger offers a 30 day return policy so if they don’t work for me I will just return them. Thanks again for your detailed advice, always appreciated.
That's all you can do. I have no affiliation with them, but their product fits my needs. They are easily removed and installed.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Thanks for the offer but I didn't plan on selling them. Just wanted more protection than the foam plugs offer...and...I like making stuff.:)
They are made of PLA resin, so I am still testing the durability and reaction to heat.
Great Job.
Are you going to release the Stl file? I could print out a few for members up north.