Sponsored

Jack and jack stand locations on a 2021 mustang GT ?

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I regularly lift the whole side of the car for swapping wheels at and before the track and jacking rails are overrated. There's nothing earthshattering that they provide for the added cost and weight.

Lifting the whole side of the car and placing on jackstands is easy and the savings of 30 seconds per side is not worth it.
How are you lifting the whole side at once? On the pinch weld? Do you use a pinch weld puck?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
How are you lifting the whole side at once? On the pinch weld? Do you use a pinch weld puck?
I put a magnetic puck on the pinch weld in the front, then as I jack up from there it lifts both wheels off the ground. A little bit less in the back vs. the front, but definitely enough put a stand at each end to do wheel, brake or suspension work on the car.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I put a magnetic puck on the pinch weld in the front, then as I jack up from there it lifts both wheels off the ground. A little bit less in the back vs. the front, but definitely enough put a stand at each end to do wheel, brake or suspension work on the car.
Fair enough, not sure I want to do that to a convertible, although I do that, to a lesser degree, when I do the seasonal tire change.

Sponsored

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Jacking rails

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just get jacking rails.. best bang for the buck, imo.. I love them.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I regularly lift the whole side of the car for swapping wheels at and before the track and jacking rails are overrated. There's nothing earthshattering that they provide for the added cost and weight.

Lifting the whole side of the car and placing on jackstands is easy and the savings of 30 seconds per side is not worth it.
I agree with you, but at the same time after installing them, they have a huge advantage in that I can put one stand on the front of the rail, and then the other stand on the rear pinch weld jacking point for maximum stability, AND the stands aren't in my way when I'm trying to do my work and crawl around under the car.
Sponsored