Sponsored

J&M Products Front Control Arm Spherical Caster Bushings Finally Ready To Ship

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
2015-2018 Mustang S550, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT350R Front Control Arm Spherical Caster Bushing

J&M Products/hotpart.com has designed a new Spherical Bushing Part # 24410 for the 2015-2018 S550 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, GT350 and GT350R. Testing indicates that under track use the factory soft rubber bushings have a frightful degree of deflection. J&M’s Spherical Bushing eliminates the toe and caster alignment altering bushing deviation, and provides smooth predictable suspension gesticulation under the most demanding competitive on track experiences.

The largest in the industry 1 inch spherical bearings are made from 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball; the bearing race is heat treated high strength steel with a load rating of 70,820 psi when most others are rated at 48,000 psi. The bearing liner is not the typical PTFE liner but made from a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder giving it great load capacity and longer wear; this is the same liner material that is used in modern ball joints for a maintenance free long life.

FEATURES:

• Available in clear, red and black anodized
  • A press is required to remove the factory bushing and install the new one
  • Provides vastly improved handling characteristics
  • Will not flex under load
  • Bearing liner is attached with a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder, same as modern ball joints.
  • 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball
  • Largest in the industry 1″ spherical bearing

Radius-Rod-Bushings-Clear.jpg

Bushings-All-3-Colors.jpg

Radius-Rod-With-3-Colors-Of-Bushings.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

One can only hope for pre-pressed arms...

Last edited:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Interesting. I hate to ask the question but someone else will anyway. What's the NVH like?
I would say from an engineering perspective it should be about 17.32.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
From what I understand, extremely minimal for this location.

Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
This same modification was available for the BMW M3 (similar front geometry). I ran them in two different e90 M3's with no impact on NVH.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Nice!

One can only hope for pre-pressed arms...
This please!
They will be available in a couple of weeks ;)

We are doing a run of black but if anyone chimes in we will build them with any color you want.

They will come complete with new Ford Hardware (Like most of our kits do) instructions and options for the NON GT PP Customers to also upgrade the rear arm from the tubular rubber bushed one to the forged GT PP bearing unit.

We will also offer the front arm without the GTPP air deflector for Customers running a brake cooling kit.

GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hard to tell from the wording on your site, is the listed price for a pair of bearings? Or per bearing?

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's about time.

Any idea on if this would need an alignment after? I would think it's 50/50.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They will be available in a couple of weeks ;)

We are doing a run of black but if anyone chimes in we will build them with any color you want.

They will come complete with new Ford Hardware (Like most of our kits do) instructions and options for the NON GT PP Customers to also upgrade the rear arm from the tubular rubber bushed one to the forged GT PP bearing unit.

We will also offer the front arm without the GTPP air deflector for Customers running a brake cooling kit.
:headbang::clap2:

The car will definitely improve with these!

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Hard to tell from the wording on your site, is the listed price for a pair of bearings? Or per bearing?
This includes two. 1 kit per car.

It's about time.

Any idea on if this would need an alignment after? I would think it's 50/50.
unlikely but thing's will be located more securely so setup alignment may need to be adjusted because you will not have the need to correct for deflection errors.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This includes two. 1 kit per car.

unlikely but thing's will be located more securely so setup alignment may need to be adjusted because you will not have the need to correct for deflection errors.
Yeah I'm with you on that. I've taken out the LCA before and the rubber is super stiff. While the car is static I don't see much deflection but under dynamic load I could imagine a vast difference.

I think this is the only other option available now other than cortex. It's good to see different offerings.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The Performance Pack cars come with a spherical bushing in the aft control arm, probably because it's tiny in comparison to the front LCA and was experiencing the most deflection under load with stickier tires. I guess it only makes sense to throw one on the front LCA as well, but it would be nice if these had integral dust boots like the factory (PP) aft LCA. Pretty much nothing in the aftermarket does though.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
...it would be nice if these had integral dust boots like the factory (PP) aft LCA. Pretty much nothing in the aftermarket does though.
Couldn't agree with you more. Not interested in "naked" sphericals on a daily driver. Race car / weekend toy...sure. Good lookin part though.
Sponsored