Sponsored

J&M Camber Plates, how much negative camber were you able to get?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just recently installed my full suspension and got aligned yesterday and surprisingly I was only able to achieve -1.8 degrees in the front on both sides. I thought I could get at least -2 degrees. I'm not sure if there was any limitation or of the front camber was maxed out or not. I asked for -2 degrees.

Anyone else able to hit -2 or higher? If not, it's not a huge deal to me. -1.8 is still really good.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
-1.8 is a camber you can get on stock setup without any modification so I would question that it is real good with plates....

Are you sure they are installed correctly ?

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
-1.8 is a camber you can get on stock setup without any modification so I would question that it is real good with plates....

Are you sure they are installed correctly ?
There is only one way for them to be installed, so yes. No noises, nothing wrong at all otherwise.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There is only one way for them to be installed, so yes. No noises, nothing wrong at all otherwise.
Something has to be wrong - I've had -1.8 with no changes to the suspension and over -2 degrees with 1mm slotted strut hole...

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
I got -2.6 one side -2.8 other side. J&m confirmed this is typical. Perhaps your plates were installed on the wrong side. From what I’ve read it is possible, and results in less than expected range as you’re seeing.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I'm able to get -2.5 with mine when I go to track and that was before I opened up the stock size of the strut towers. Currently changing the suspension now so I'll be curious as to see what extra I get. I typically run 1.7 to 1.8 for the front street setup.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I got -2.6 one side -2.8 other side. J&m confirmed this is typical. Perhaps your plates were installed on the wrong side. From what I’ve read it is possible, and results in less than expected range as you’re seeing.
I installed them based on the labels that were on them for driver and passenger. I'm starting to think the person that did my alignment didn't pull out the camber far enough.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Something has to be wrong - I've had -1.8 with no changes to the suspension and over -2 degrees with 1mm slotted strut hole...
Yeah, I was at -1.6 with stock plates and PP struts before. Tempted to get the front up this weekend and loosen the mounts for camber adjustment, but I don't necessarily want to end up more than -2 for the street mostly.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah, I was at -1.6 with stock plates and PP struts before. Tempted to get the front up this weekend and loosen the mounts for camber adjustment, but I don't necessarily want to end up more than -2 for the street mostly.
-1.8 up front is great for street driving/daily work. At -2 it understeered less but more tramlining due to the camber thrust factor.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
-1.8 up front is great for street driving/daily work. At -2 it understeered less but more tramlining due to the camber thrust factor.
Yeah, I'm looking to keep a good balance of street and a possible track day (Circuit of the Americas) later this year. Sitting at -1.7 in the rear with about 0.10-0.12 toe in on each side there. Car feels really good currently.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah, I'm looking to keep a good balance of street and a possible track day (Circuit of the Americas) later this year. Sitting at -1.7 in the rear with about 0.10-0.12 toe in on each side there. Car feels really good currently.
Sweet. How are you liking the SP083/Bilstein combo? Haven't heard much from you.. Need details man!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sweet. How are you liking the SP083/Bilstein combo? Haven't heard much from you.. Need details man!
Only had the car driving about 4 days since I got it all installed and post alignment. These springs with the Bilsteins are a perfect match. I definitely feel more bumps in the road, but the dampening is just perfect. No more rolls into corners and the car feels so much flatter. It's honestly how this car should have been from the start. I can't wait to push it harder.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm at -2 up front and will try to go up to -2.5 for the track but I may have to re-evaluate how it drives on the street and whether I keep it that way.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
For some reason I was only able to get .5 out of one side and 1 out of the other, have not gotten around to contacting them about it yet.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Along these lines, are camber bolts necessary? BMR #FC003 offers 2.5 degrees offset,
Sponsored