Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Scammers are among us , people do not befriend anyone giving email address or phone number . I was contacted by a so called member wanting information named Voo doo likely wasn’t him . Some how they get your credit card information from purchases . Anyhow I was hacked . Beware people

Hacking is a buzz word, for folks that don't use common sense, most times. Individuals here, I seriously doubt have the skills to hack.

Now that's not a put down so all you computer (cell phone) gurus keep your emotions in check.

Beware you say, be smart I say. And yes the WORLD is full of fraud. Just watch the commercials on TV the tip of the iceberg.
Sponsored

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
Well maybe you are a lot smarter than I am , but for the rest of us that would help others it’s beware people

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Well maybe you are a lot smarter than I am , but for the rest of us that would help others it’s beware people
I am not, just the facts, man just the facts. Don't need a nanny to survive.

Not afraid of my own shadow also, deal with it.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Don't blindly pay any amount of money for something that you're not totally willing to never see again. If it works out, awesome. If not, then it's what you expected. Similar to gambling.

That said, scammers are total garbage humans that hopefully get their comeuppance.
Well said. I got scammed for a new AT&T cell phone once. Great price. Bought the cell phone on Ebay. Phone was in original packaging, but it was stolen so it locked up when I tried to activate it. Long story short I was out 150 dollars. Lesson learned, do your diligence when buying from strangers.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well said. I got scammed for a new AT&T cell phone once. Great price. Bought the cell phone on Ebay. Phone was in original packaging, but it was stolen so it locked up when I tried to activate it. Long story short I was out 150 dollars. Lesson learned, do your diligence when buying from strangers.
Kind of same thing happened to me, except the owners sold it to me off Craigslist, I paid fair price, later it was reported stolen.

The person I sold too called me and demanded I give it back despite selling me it.

I said that’s fine. (I was being sarcastic) I said you can buy it back. She shows up, says I don’t have the money but said I have to give phone back as it’s reported stolen/banned off att.

I slammed that thing so hard into the asphalt. Picked up and slammed it again then smashed with boot. Obliterating it. It wasn’t repairable

Said there you go. Bich

Audacity to do that to people. Blows my mind. I would of sold it to her back had she paid me.

Sponsored

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
There should be a rule implemented here where if the user is brand new, they cannot post into the classifieds section until they have accrued 50 legit tech posts (or something to that effect)...
We have a rule similar to what you stated over on the myG37 forums. You have to have X amount of legit posts before you're able to access/post/reply in the FS section. One word posts or 'fluff' responses are unacceptable and the mod team is really good at monitoring posts of new members; if it is decided that the posts were garbage time posts, we delete them and the user starts over accumulating a legit post count.

The only work around is paying to have access to the FS section early. We also preach to use Paypal and send as a business transaction. Crazy the amount of people that try to bypass the <$5.00 Paypal fee on expensive transactions and get burned but have no recourse becuase they wanted to save a buck.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
We have a rule similar to what you stated over on the myG37 forums. You have to have X amount of legit posts before you're able to access/post/reply in the FS section. One word posts or 'fluff' responses are unacceptable and the mod team is really good at monitoring posts of new members; if it is decided that the posts were garbage time posts, we delete them and the user starts over accumulating a legit post count.

The only work around is paying to have access to the FS section early. We also preach to use Paypal and send as a business transaction. Crazy the amount of people that try to bypass the <$5.00 Paypal fee on expensive transactions and get burned but have no recourse becuase they wanted to save a buck.
A lot of my forums are like this, it’s like 50 real post and 1 months of being a member.

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
An update to my situation about getting scammed out of the floor mats. Even though Venmo clearly stated that there is no fraud protection, I decided to report the incident to them anyways. I also filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Venmo said they would look into the matter. A week or so later, I get a notice from Venmo saying that I had been credited for the amount I lost. They also froze my account. I was told that I can contact them again and go through steps to re-activate my account, but I haven't yet.

Hopefully they were able to get the money back from my scammer. They didn't mention anything about that part. I hope that bastard didn't get anybody else. I hope karma bites him in the butt.
Sponsored