Sponsored

It’s coming... 3 States have now banned future combustion engine car sales

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I don't get this whole electrification of all transportation. It's like all these people think electricity is free, comes out of thin air and it's creation has 0 pollution. Until we can create electricity safely, cleanly and efficiently, this will all just be a transition to a different type of pollution. Instead of it coming of out the tailpipes, the same pollution is going to come out of dirty power plants, dirty mines and dirty battery plants.

My bet is that in 20-30 years there will be a whole slew of new environmentalists out there bitching about how dirty and dangerous (in the case of nuclear) the electricity and batteries are.

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I don't know about MA and NJ, but these executive orders in CA don't really have any follow up. Remember the republican governator Arnold Schwarzenegger he singed the executive order for the Hydrogen Highway ( Arnold Schwarzenegger's Dream Fuel Makes a Comeback - The Atlantic ). Anyone remember this, I am still waiting.
As for electrification of transportation and air pollution. When you buy a gas powered car you are locked into the pollution that car makes today, and will only go up as it ages. With an electric car as the grid gets cleaner that car will make less pollution.
BTW: I read that there are already problems with trying to recycle Prius batteries. No one has found a cheap way to do it yet.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
First it was CA, then NJ and now MA...the rest of the States will follow suit... politics and $$$$ win.
Yup, just a matter of time before they are ALL on board with this.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Well one things for sure will have one less politician adding to the carbon foot print by those years😁

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I assume by the time alabama hops on board and actually implements this, i wont care as much anymore. IF it ever actually happens. Lets see how power grid improvements go.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
They say a lot, predict a lot, and do not get much done. I firmly believe global warming happens. Because of all the hot air these clowns spew.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
They will be monitoring a ICE to see how much is driven and tax you accordingly. Also older cars will
not be allowed to be driven. I hope all
these all electric car folks like brown outs and power rationing because the power grid will not handle all the electric cars all the government and do gooders want.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
First it was CA, then NJ and now MA...the rest of the States will follow suit... politics and $$$$ win.

https://carbuzz.com/news/third-us-state-banning-combustion-engined-car-sales
All of the States? Nah. Most States are not going to force consumers into a vehicle they don't want.

You're talking about Crazifornia and two of the 12 States that adopted California emissions standards over a decade ago. The 30 plus States with Republican or mixed legislatures will not be putting the burden of climate activism on their voters any time soon.

Of course this begs the question of whether anyone in California will be able to afford a new vehicle by 2035.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
executive orders from 3 of the most communist states in the union. New Jersey can mandate dumb shit all it wants. But no one in the state will be able to afford an electric car. Unless the state plans to give electric cars away for free like they do everything else. People are migrating out of these shit states in record numbers. Jersey & California will be bankrupt in the next 10 years at the rate taxpayers are leaving. I’m 54 years old. As soon as I retire in the next 6 to 8 years. I’m out! F@€k New Jersey!:explode:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
It’s interesting how we are seeing a trend of the demand for Electric vehicles forced by Government. The Government is setting time lines on an unproven answer to world global change. Technology is changing things faster than mankind has witnessed in modern times. 15-20 years of technology is a very long time for a lot of change. Just look back at 2000 with cars and performance which it was the 200-300 Hp cars and 400 was incredible. Now the 500 hp car is a yawn and the 700 hp is the talk. Summing it up these mandates will be adjusted and another form of energy or should I say transportation movement will be created.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The OP brought this up. Keep voting Democrat and this is what every state will look like.
Sponsored