It's that time of year for tire swaps

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I keep AS/3’s on all year. I’m freaky like that.

FWIW I’ve got a 4x4 truck for snow days
+1 Instead of AS/3s, I have Continental DWS06s. Both are good all season tires. I have a 4x4 for truly rough weather as well although NC never sees lots of snow like northern states. We did have a snow last year in December that brought about 15 inches of snow here in NC. That's an outlier and probably won't happen again for another decade or more.
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
They are amazing tires. If I didn't have 2 sets of wheels I could be happy with just the AS/3.
I bet your summer tires are on nice rims ? Maybe 19's or 20's ?

I have 2 sets of wheels on the same type of 18" rims.

1 with the AS3's. I drive all year round with them even in the winter but like I said previously, I have a 4x4 truck for Snow and salty slushy days. I like to drive the car year round and I 'd be depressed if I had to garage it like others do.

I have a 2nd set on Blizzaks that I don't use and need to sell. I bought those before I owned my truck. I'm spoiled owning 2 nice vehicles but I deserve it :rockon:

I have no doubt that owning a Summer Tire set would be cool but it just seems to be a pain in the ass to me and the AS3's are pretty decent tires IMO. I don't track the car or anything like that.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
+1 Instead of AS/3s, I have Continental DWS06s. Both are good all season tires. I have a 4x4 for truly rough weather as well although NC never sees lots of snow like northern states. We did have a snow last year in December that brought about 15 inches of snow here in NC. That's an outlier and probably won't happen again for another decade or more.
Yup like I said in the above post ^^^ All seasons are good enough for me year round and like you, my truck is the go to vehicle in the snow and salty slush stuff

This thing is a beast in the winter and its also good for when your driving and parking in a undesirable place. Big huge metal bumpers can be a good thing :rockon:

mzwoDJr.jpg

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
No tire swaps for me, my 17 GT is running NT05 all year, car stays home. In wet, cold or snow my 17 F150 4 x 4 3.5 eco is my ride.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sdiver68

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I bet your summer tires are on nice rims ? Maybe 19's or 20's ?
Yes, Summer set-up is Project 6GR 7 spoke 19x10 square in brushed silver. Winter are the black performance pack staggered wheels, 19x9.9 and 19x9.5.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Where n NC are you? I have lived in Asheville almost 27 years now right in the heart of the mountains and last year we hardly saw snow, once I think and was only couple inches gone in 2 days.
Sponsored