Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Nobody has seen outside of Ford has seen under the hood of the mach 1
I did at Gingerman raceway back in August.
On our final day of open track, as most people were packing up to leave, the Ford performance guys went to put away the Mach 1 and HE GT350 they had brought, and the HE wouldn’t start, so they pulled the Mach 1 up to it, opened the hood, and proceeded to jump start the HE.

seeing the hood open, I walked over to take a peek, and obviously it being a pre production prototype, it simply had a normal coyote intake, lots of emissions exempt stickers, no STB, and the inner fenders were orange, on a fighter jet grey car.
Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
I did at Gingerman raceway back in August.
On our final day of open track, as most people were packing up to leave, the Ford performance guys went to put away the Mach 1 and HE GT350 they had brought, and the HE wouldn’t start, so they pulled the Mach 1 up to it, opened the hood, and proceeded to jump start the HE.

seeing the hood open, I walked over to take a peek, and obviously it being a pre production prototype, it simply had a normal coyote intake, lots of emissions exempt stickers, no STB, and the inner fenders were orange, on a fighter jet grey car.
There’s a black van pulling up to your house right now. You will be taken.....

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
I drove my 350R “spiritly” to and from work today. What great sound to experience.

Tex

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
If I want to be an Elitist Prick, I'll do so. I've damn well earned it. The hard way !
Grew up as a foster child. Enlisted in the Corps right out of high school. Piggyback Nam tours, '65/'68. Stanford on the GI bill. Class of '72 thank you. My net worth is my own business. I can honestly state that I've paid cash for all my cars unless 0% is offered. Then I use their money. Paid cash for my house and land in TX. That is how I roll. My wife and I do without unless we can pay cash. If you wish to go through life paying juice, so be it. Do not have the audacity to denigrate me because I choose to not be in debt.
Totally unrelated to the topic but fuck yeah nice man, I followed a similar path and enlisted out of high school. Fortunately I only did one tour, and I am just glad I made it back in one piece. I got injured pretty bad and got medically retired. I don't go to an elite school like Stanford but I go to one of the UC schools in California. I actually just did a research program with Stanford over the summer and it was amazing, the school is great. I really want to go there for medical school. I recently was awarded 100% P&T so I have a nice pension now along with the money from GI Bill.

I love meeting and hearing about veterans who served before me. When I was living in Santa Cruz, I helped setup a Vietnam Memorial veteran and met a marine who had the same experience as I did and we even had the same name. We drank and had a great time at the VFW, it was very humbling. Im going to school to become a doctor and moments like that motivate me because I want to treat veterans and make a difference. I've had horrible doctors but a few have went the extra mile and it made a huge difference in my life. I hope to eventually give veterans the same as it was done to me :) I know too many veterans that have struggled and fallen through the cracks.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Your service to our country is GREATLY appreciated by all of those who did not make the ultimate sacrifice..... THANK YOU!

You’re the reason we are enjoying freedom!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody has seen outside of Ford has seen under the hood of the mach 1. And i don’t think that was a mistake, i wouldn’t be suprised if they are going to fart with the engine more because boy is the community not happy with it and rightfully so it’s lazy. And as others have said honestly i would of just taken the energy to CNC machine the heads. And call it a day at 500-510hp, remember keep it gEN 3 coyote based as well. We know the bullitt is underrated we also know the intake manifold is the same part as the bullitt.
We have seen under the hood. It has the same intake manifold and the same CAI as the GT350 (or Bullitt), and one could deduce that it has the same throttle body as well. Also, it has a strut tower brace and black/gray inner fenders, contrary to a statement here
01E9D063-BC24-4767-BA8D-BE22B960FC5B.jpeg

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
If I want to be an Elitist Prick, I'll do so. I've damn well earned it. The hard way !
Grew up as a foster child. Enlisted in the Corps right out of high school. Piggyback Nam tours, '65/'68. Stanford on the GI bill. Class of '72 thank you. My net worth is my own business. I can honestly state that I've paid cash for all my cars unless 0% is offered. Then I use their money. Paid cash for my house and land in TX. That is how I roll. My wife and I do without unless we can pay cash. If you wish to go through life paying juice, so be it. Do not have the audacity to denigrate me because I choose to not be in debt.
I hear my father (and he was right): "If you don't have the cash to pay for it you can't afford it".
Sage advice and a wise way to live.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear my father (and he was right): "If you don't have the cash to pay for it you can't afford it".
Sage advice and a wise way to live.
If even 10% of the US population lived by that motto, the economic recession would be epic. We'd be vastly better off as a society and trounce the rest of the world after we were done digesting the pain, though.

I nominate a very small group of people, 525 members strong, to be force fed this philosophy and show us all how it's done. We'll take notes from our betters. It would be a public service, after all. Leading by example and all that high and mighty virtue they keep going on about.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
thats not entirely fair the gt350 is outdated from the standpoint of what they’ve done to it VS what Ford has done to the mustang GT over the same period of time. A lot of guys on here don’t seem to understand once the 18 mustang GT came out the-writing was on the wall for the gt350. It didn’t get any of the mid cycle updates, and then the gt500 came out and sale took a crap. So honestly the poor car was just riding on it’s reputation more than anything else. Honestly it breaks my heart Ford didn’t go all out and make a real gt350 gen 2
I'm hoping to see Ford make another GT350 that is head and shoulders above the other cars on the road as well. Another GT350 great enough to be PCOTY and make a future GOAT Car and Driver list.

I own a 2017 Mustang GT now and I still miss the GT350. I understand why the GT is rated as a really good car but not great like the GT350.

Finally, someone gets it!

It’s not all “boo GT350” from me. I’m very grateful for the technological advancements that the GT350 made in its prime. My sole point is the GT350 having continued on for this long simultaneously led to it being less special against the rest of the Mustang lineup and kept the rest of the Mustang lineup from growing out of fear that it would surpass the far more expensive GT350. If the GT350 could’ve died off in 2018 like it should have, then maybe we WOULD have seen a 500+hp Mach 1 for S550, or a PP2 with all necessary track cooling to be a real 1LE competitor, and maybe Ford would’ve been able to price the GT500 more reasonably against its competitors if it didn’t have to create that price gap between the GT350 and GT500

GT350 was great, it just overstayed its welcome

I mean, take a look at this very thread. It’s VERY indicative of the way Shelby owners typically operate. All someone has to do is dislike their car and it turns into a pissing match of who’s more special and who has more money. If you don’t want that stereotype, then be the change you wish to see. I don’t see you telling anyone to stop the “you can’t afford it” elitist nonsense
I feel like to a degree you trolled in some of your posts. And it's typical of Mustang owner who doesn't own a Shelby to rip on Shelby owners. Maybe some of it is deserved.

The thing is - you should be able to see that you are in the minority with "odd" or different taste if you can honestly say that you don't think the GT350 is better than the other Mustang models. Most people think the GT350 is awesome. The guys that drive and rate cars for a living think the GT350 is one of the best ever. I owned one for 3 1/2 years and I agree with them. It's definitely the best car I've ever owned. I think it's the best car I've ever driven as well.

So IMO you should neither be surprised nor offended when there's some vitriol here after you say things that most people would disagree with. Yes you have the right to your opinion, but if you're honest you realize that the majority of people including the experts in the field think your opinion is wrong.

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Thank you for your service. I am a US Navy vet, proud of it too.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Must be nice living somewhere where houses and cars and graduate degrees grow on trees. A 30-year fixed mortgage is an investment. A college degree is an investment. A car "bought with cash" suffers an opportunity cost over one financed at a low rate. My investment portfolio has grown just shy of 18% this year. How much has your car appreciated?
Wow. That's a lot of assumptions about someone you don't know. Not sure why the aggressive tone is necessary, are we not all friends here? Why tear each other down?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the point is to have the cash to pay it off at a moments' notice should you need to, rather than carry a perpetual obligation for years on end wherein any economic 'surprise' puts you in a tough spot.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Fair enough. I'm just hot about other comments in this thread. I apologize, and will take it down a notch. I stand by financing as a good practice in many situations. Buying cash only saves you money if you would make nothing on the surplus cash. Even if your loan is 5% (not a great rate, but for the sake of argument) you still stand to make more than the interest payments with even a moderately conservative portfolio. I'm young, so my strategy is more aggressive and less risk averse. I've looked at paying off both cars early multiple times, and the numbers never add up.
All good Mik. I appreciate the apology. I do agree with you that one can likely make more in the market while paying (very low these days) mortgage rates..... but I'm no Gordon Gekko and my priorities are likely much different that yours.

Which reminds me of another saying my father liked:" Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one!"

Regardless, I wish you nothing but the best with your investments and Mustang(s).

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
BTW... I would like to say THANK YOU to all those that served. My family and I are forever grateful for your sacrifices.
Sponsored