Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Have you considered a PP2? You can get them with analog gauges and they are a more livable as well. I opted for the digital dash since I already have the analog gauges in the Shelby, but I can see this aging very quickly over time. Aside from the sloppy gear box, I am enjoying mine.
Thanks, good point there. Thought about a PP2 but I think it sits lower than a PP1/BULLITT + additional front splitter and tires are not ideal for my needs. I know tires can be swapped easily but generally not a fan of them poking out in the front. For me, it was all out (GT350) or understated, no spoilers, badges etc (BULLITT).
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
This whole financial argument makes no fucking sense. Stop being an elitist prick, it's unbecoming of a Mustang owner.
You have your opinion, I have mine .................
cheers2.gif

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'm glad for those that like the Buck Rodgers dash in the base cars. When it craps, and it will given time, don't come crying to us. I'll take analog gauges any day of the year thank you. In fact, it would be nice if the oil pressure and water temp gauges were truly mechanical.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
This whole financial argument makes no fucking sense. Stop being an elitist prick, it's unbecoming of a Mustang owner.
If I want to be an Elitist Prick, I'll do so. I've damn well earned it. The hard way !
Grew up as a foster child. Enlisted in the Corps right out of high school. Piggyback Nam tours, '65/'68. Stanford on the GI bill. Class of '72 thank you. My net worth is my own business. I can honestly state that I've paid cash for all my cars unless 0% is offered. Then I use their money. Paid cash for my house and land in TX. That is how I roll. My wife and I do without unless we can pay cash. If you wish to go through life paying juice, so be it. Do not have the audacity to denigrate me because I choose to not be in debt.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad for those that like the Buck Rodgers dash in the base cars. When it craps, and it will given time, don't come crying to us. I'll take analog gauges any day of the year thank you. In fact, it would be nice if the oil pressure and water temp gauges were truly mechanical.
You do realize that these “analog” gauges that you love so much are still digital, right? The only real difference is that the “digital dash” is displayed on a highly modular screen whereas the “analog dash” uses digitized physical needles in a sole configuration

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
You do realize that these “analog” gauges that you love so much are still digital, right? The only real difference is that the “digital dash” is displayed on a highly modular screen whereas the “analog dash” uses digitized physical needles in a sole configuration

And to throw in the “base model” comment... guess you’re “too poor” to buy a GT500 that comes standard with digital dash, huh? :

Paying cash for any depreciating asset is fucking dumb... but congrats on announcing your poor financial management skills to the world

And OF COURSE you’re ex-marines... man, you just love falling right into all the stereotypes, huh?
Ok Jake, I think that's enough. You've made 1,759 posts on this site. Looking back at your history, you made one (1) post to the GT350 forum on May 1, 2019. Then, in the past 24 hours, you've made 15 posts (to this single topic) on the GT350 forum.

Those stats seem to indicate you're not here to share humorous GT350-related anecdotes, impart wisdom about the car or learn something about it. I'd guess you're posting here solely to gasbag and stir the pot. Mission accomplished.

Since you're here, allow me to impart some wisdom. I was taught the old maxim "once a Marine, always a Marine". Accordingly, there are former Marines but there are no ex-Marines.

Though I lay no claim to the title of U.S. Marine, I know many of them. Several have helped me in my life over the years, with their guidance and inspiration. And a few have planted a well-deserved boot in my ass or a fist in my face, when I needed a course-correction. You may disagree with the man, but please respect the institution.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Jake, I think that's enough. You've made 1,759 posts on this site. Looking back at your history, you made one (1) post to the GT350 forum on May 1, 2019. Then, in the past 24 hours, you've made 15 posts (to this single topic) on the GT350 forum.

Those stats seem to indicate you're not here to share humorous GT350-related anecdotes, impart wisdom about the car or learn something about it. I'd guess you're posting here solely to gasbag and stir the pot. Mission accomplished.

Since you're here, allow me to impart some wisdom. I was taught the old maxim "once a Marine, always a Marine". Accordingly, there are former Marines but there are no ex-Marines.

Though I lay no claim to the title of U.S. Marine, I know many of them. Several have helped me in my life over the years, with their guidance and inspiration. And a few have planted a well-deserved boot in my ass or a fist in my face, when I needed a course-correction. You may disagree with the man, but please respect the institution.
Really, I only made the first post in here because it was on the home page and I figured it was in the general S550 board. You Shelby folk are the reason I stick around though

And if we’re going to try to play the high-and-mighty card, I’m also ex-military, served 2 tours in the Middle East, 1 in Iraq and 1 in Kuwait. But you don’t see me slinging that around and asking people to bow down to me for that

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The boss 302 was a project by the mustang team not frpp “at that time Ford racing” the bullitt is the same way, Ford has cut the mustang teams budget big time a few years back. So i wouldn’t be expecting a huge out of nowhere model to show up
Yeah, it was more just wishful rumination, on the "multiple models" comment @Twin Turbo made :D

I agree on your previous point, I mean, I've said it myself several times, re: a little HP bump for the Mach I. I __think__ the HP figure in all the press releases and whatnot is still asterisked, like a "final number TBD"[?]

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Before I head out of this thread too since it's turned the course, I thought this was a great quote from Jamal Hameedi on instagram on the GT350 bowing out.

"this was special for me too. cars like this are never supposed to happen in a corporate world but sometimes you just have to fight the sausage machine and say f*** you this is happening"

Definitely will go down as one of the greatest Mustangs ever.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Looks like this thread has evolved into some kind of weird quasi mine is bigger than yours swag comparison.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Reading this whole melee of a thread... I would have to say the person who starting slinging poo has rightfully earned the coveted "Twat Waffle" award.

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
That's sad. The more I've read about the GT 350, mostly here, the more I've come to want one. For anyone into sports bikes, few (if any) of who redline before 11,000 (and some even closing in on 20,000) I'm sure it must feel divine to rev one of these out around the corners. They look truly beautiful, and sound likewise, though I've yet to hear one in real life.

Unfortunately, even if I were able to somehow scrape together the money for one, it would have to be a grey import here in Europe, without any meaningful warranty. No idea what the "12 months warranty" I sometimes see in the adds of some of the few that are for sale means, but pretty sure I would not get a new engine without a court case if mine were to blow 6 months down the line, and there seems to be enough posts describing exactly that happening here. And of course, forget anything after 12 months, so pretty much a lost cause here unless you've got enough money to not worry about it.

Really jealous of those who have one. Hope I someday get the chance to try one, though worry my still newish 2020 GT MT won't feel that fun anymore afterwards.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Wanker or tosser? It’s a UK term by the way.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The more I've read about the GT 350, mostly here, the more I've come to want one.
Hola Michael:
Trust me... I know. I watched the video below and it started the journey into getting one. The exhaust note was what addicted me. Hopefully you will someday get one...!!!
If you have already seen this video, you will still watch it again. If you have not seen it, you will watch it so many times, you will annoy those in your household as you crank up the volume to hear the flat-plane crank exhaust note.... over and over again.

Sponsored