Sponsored

nbrownchgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 HEP, Mercedes E63 AMG
Ford is doing a great job temporarily reviving their historic Mustangs to compete with the current Mopar enthusiasm in the marketplace. The Bullit, GT350, GT500 and Mach 1 limited year runs has allowed them to compete against Dodge where the Camaro has failed to grow year over year sales. It's all marketing but it's allowing the iconic Mustang brand to thrive where Chevy is killing the Camaro in 2023. Dodge is still growing sales with an old platform yet Ford is reviving older platforms to stay competitive.
Sponsored

jin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 Iconic Silver, 2020 GT350R Magnetic
Make no mistake, this is sad news. The GT350 was one of the most special cars in a generation, a Road & Track Performance Car of the Year winner, and my personal pick for the best new car on sale today. It didn't have the thunder of the 760-hp GT500, but it still had a six-speed manual and makes 523 hp. More importantly, it did so with a naturally aspirated flat-crank V-8 that spins to 8250 rpm and sounds like The End Times.

It's the perfect Mustang, fast and brash but not so overpowered as to require tons of electronic supervision and a dual-clutch transmission. The steering is phenomenal and talkative, the suspension firm but not bone-shattering, and the sound cataclysmic. It's a rewarding, enthusiastic driver's car. Or, I guess, it was.

Have to agree with what Road and Track wrote today. Glad I got my 2020 R

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yep, itā€™s not that difference. Most of the difference is in the ownersā€™ heads
Wrong on so many counts ............. My humble suggestion ................... Put down the pipe or find a new dealer. Ditch weed is soooooo last century. :cwl:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wrong on so many counts ............. My humble suggestion ................... Put down the pipe or find a new dealer. Ditch weed is soooooo last century. :cwl:
Please tell me 1 mechanical suspension difference between a Mach 1 and GT350 other than the LCA/hubs. Iā€™ll wait

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Please tell me 1 mechanical suspension difference between a Mach 1 and GT350 other than the LCA/hubs. Iā€™ll wait
It's not just the suspension. Evidently you simply lack the comprehension to see the differences yourself. May I suggest you sit down and take the time to do so ....................... After your mommy gets you up from your afternoon nap.

1601584956964.png

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's not just the suspension. Evidently you simply lack the comprehension to see the differences yourself. May I suggest you sit down and take the time to do so ....................... After your mommy gets you up from your afternoon nap.

1601584956964.png
Got it, so no real difference

The thing about the Shelby that makes it feel ā€œspecialā€ is that snake on the front. Thatā€™s it

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Donā€™t get me wrong, the GT350 was incredible when it came out. But now, most of the technology that made it great and special has trickled down to lesser models, and since it hasnā€™t been improved upon, itā€™s become stale. Great car for its time, but definitely past time for it to go

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's a very expensive snake. Shame Ford doesn't have an in-house tuning division that could lend their name to future GT350's...
Yeah, like Mach 1 and Cobra... then Ford wouldnā€™t have to pay that Shelby tax themselves

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Got it, so no real difference

The thing about the Shelby that makes it feel ā€œspecialā€ is that snake on the front. Thatā€™s it
I don't really understand why you are trying to dignify your opinion here. You are only wasting your time and energy explaining why you don't think the GT350 is special here. Like dude, you are on the sub forums for the GT350, nobody is going to agree with you. The vast majority of people here already own a GT350 or is planning to buy one. You are not going to convince anyone or make anybody believe your opinion. You are arguing with someone who has already made up their mind.

It is an undeniable fact that the popularity of Mustangs is because of the GT350.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Uh...what? When the original GT350 came out, it didn't do that well because it was too much of a racecar (because Carroll Shelby built racecars). The GT500 came about because what Americans really wanted was a fast boulevard cruiser.
Ah yes, the GT350s that I actually like lol

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Uh...what? When the original GT350 came out, it didn't do that well because it was too much of a racecar (because Carroll Shelby built racecars). The GT500 came about because what Americans really wanted was a fast boulevard cruiser.
Meh...maybe true, but a big part of the S550 respect factor across the auto industry in general, is the GT350.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'm pretty sure the GT350 has larger 2-pc brake rotors front and rear where the Mach1 has smaller one-pc. Also, the 2019+ GT350 has a specific Magnaride tune that is different than the GT PP versions. I don't know if the Mach1 will get the same tune or not, and I realize that's not a mechanical suspension difference but since the shocks are a huge part of the handling... Not saying the Mach1 won't also be a great car but I don't ever regret getting my GT350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yep, itā€™s not that difference. Most of the difference is in the ownersā€™ heads
Hilarious. :crackup:

Make no mistake, this is sad news. The GT350 was one of the most special cars in a generation, a Road & Track Performance Car of the Year winner, and my personal pick for the best new car on sale today. It didn't have the thunder of the 760-hp GT500, but it still had a six-speed manual and makes 523 hp. More importantly, it did so with a naturally aspirated flat-crank V-8 that spins to 8250 rpm and sounds like The End Times.

It's the perfect Mustang, fast and brash but not so overpowered as to require tons of electronic supervision and a dual-clutch transmission. The steering is phenomenal and talkative, the suspension firm but not bone-shattering, and the sound cataclysmic. It's a rewarding, enthusiastic driver's car. Or, I guess, it was.

Have to agree with what Road and Track wrote today. Glad I got my 2020 R
Yes, definitely the GT350 was a special car and I think we are fortunate that Ford made them for so long. 5 years of awesome. As Car and Driver said - one of the 25 Greatest Of All Time.

And 5 years means there are lots of lightly used examples out there. I can't wait to own another!

I'm still rooting for Ford to come up with something even better for the next Boss/GT350 track day Mustang. The Mach 1 will be good for sure, but looking forward to the next NA powered top dog Mustang.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Donā€™t get me wrong, the GT350 was incredible when it came out. But now, most of the technology that made it great and special has trickled down to lesser models, and since it hasnā€™t been improved upon, itā€™s become stale. Great car for its time, but definitely past time for it to go
So the car is outdated and stale, but now you're interested in buying a new car in 2021 with maybe half the technology of the 350?
Sponsored