Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Yep, it’s not that difference. Most of the difference is in the owners’ heads
"Pump your brakes kid, the GT350 is a national treasure......."
1601594550777.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
End of a very special car run. The limited year runs do make them more special in addition to the Voodoo/handling aspect that makes the car such a good driver's car. I think in 25 years the S550 GT350 and R will be going for a pretty penny.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
End of a very special car run. The limited year runs do make them more special in addition to the Voodoo/handling aspect that makes the car such a good driver's car. I think in 25 years the S550 GT350 and R will be going for a pretty penny.
Well I've already prepared instructions that I want my GT350 to be with me on my Viking funeral barge! My heirs and assigns are just going to have to take the hit.....

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Well I've already prepared instructions that I want my GT350 to be with me on my Viking funeral barge! My heirs and assigns are just going to have to take the hit.....
If its led by Kirk Cousins and his Vikings, it’s gonna sink right off the bat.

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants a Viking funeral.
The challenge is finding reliable henchmen to carry out your instructions. My friends would unload the boat and keep my loot! Of course, they'd then just throw me overboard and keep the boat too, the basterds.....

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure the GT350 has larger 2-pc brake rotors front and rear where the Mach1 has smaller one-pc. Also, the 2019+ GT350 has a specific Magnaride tune that is different than the GT PP versions. I don't know if the Mach1 will get the same tune or not, and I realize that's not a mechanical suspension difference but since the shocks are a huge part of the handling... Not saying the Mach1 won't also be a great car but I don't ever regret getting my GT350.
Brakes, while definitely an advantage that the GT350 has (and something the Mach 1 should have gotten), are not part of the suspension. The Mach 1 handling package is supposed to get tailored magride tuning, which shouldn’t be far off from the GT350’s

So the car is outdated and stale, but now you're interested in buying a new car in 2021 with maybe half the technology of the 350?
The car is stale relative to the rest of the Mustang lineup, which has caught up and had to be neutered to not come too close. And half the technology? LMAO, the GT350 doesn’t get digital dash, doesn’t get the updated front end, doesn’t get direct injection... what exactly is this second half of “technology” that the Mach 1 doesn’t have?

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
The momentum of this thread should not be surprising. The GT350 owners and enthusiasts knew the current cycle was planned to end. Just as previous GT350 and GT500 runs have run their life cycle. But mostly non-Shelby owners seem to have much to say here in the GT350 forum. You do not have to be a psychologist to see celebration of an icon's end is simply thinly veiled jealousy.

I am sure in the future Ford will produced a Shelby product after the GT500 runs its course. It maybe a Mustang, it may be an F150, it may be a hybrid....but it will certainly bring out opinions flush in green envy.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Shame to see it go. Just took my first ride in a 2017 GT350 about 40 mins ago and yikes. Sounds so good and pulls so hard. Seems to grab the road much better than my modded C6 did as it would break loose like crazy from a roll.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The momentum of this thread should not be surprising. The GT350 owners and enthusiasts knew the current cycle was planned to end. Just as previous GT350 and GT500 runs have run their life cycle. But mostly non-Shelby owners seem to have much to say here in the GT350 forum. You do not have to be a psychologist to see celebration of an icon's end is simply thinly veiled jealousy.

I am sure in the future Ford will produced a Shelby product after the GT500 runs its course. It maybe a Mustang, it may be an F150, it may be a hybrid....but it will certainly bring out opinions flush in green envy.
Jason char gif.gif

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You do not have to be a psychologist to see celebration of an icon's end is simply thinly veiled jealousy.
Could be jealousy, or could simply be glad to see that a has-been is no longer holding back the rest of the lineup from being as great as it could be

But riddle me this; what would someone who is about to spend significantly more than the price of a used GT350 for a Mach 1 have to be jealous of? If I wanted a GT350, I would’ve bought one

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Brakes, while definitely an advantage that the GT350 has (and something the Mach 1 should have gotten), are not part of the suspension. The Mach 1 handling package is supposed to get tailored magride tuning, which shouldn’t be far off from the GT350’s

The car is stale relative to the rest of the Mustang lineup, which has caught up and had to be neutered to not come too close. And half the technology? LMAO, the GT350 doesn’t get digital dash, doesn’t get the updated front end, doesn’t get direct injection... what exactly is this second half of “technology” that the Mach 1 doesn’t have?
If you are buying for the digital dash as a high priority, the GT350 is not for you.

And the 2018+ front end and direct injection are not progress IMO. I'm glad Ford decided the Mach 1 should look like the GT350 rather than making it look like the 2018+. :puke:

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3

If you're asking me this question I'm going to compare it to what I own.

5.2L FPC
GT500 block, steering rack, knuckles.
The brakes
Carbon Fiber Wheels, Wing
Magneride tuning

You got me though on the digital dash and new headlights. Does it come with Recaros? I actually think the front end on the Mach 1 looks pretty cool. Good luck with the purchase.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are buying for the digital dash as a high priority, the GT350 is not for you.

And the 2018+ front end and direct injection are not progress IMO. I'm glad Ford decided the Mach 1 should look like the GT350 rather than making it look like the 2018+. :puke:
Never said it was a high priority, but it is a technological advantage over the GT350

and the 2018+ front end and DI are absolutely progress. The Mach 1 looks excellent, not because they “made it look like a GT350”, but because they made it look how a refreshed GT350/500 should have looked (rather than carrying over the same dated headlights)

If you're asking me this question I'm going to compare it to what I own.

5.2L FPC
GT500 block, steering rack, knuckles.
The brakes
Carbon Fiber Wheels, Wing
Magneride tuning

You got me though on the digital dash and new headlights. Does it come with Recaros? I actually think the front end on the Mach 1 looks pretty cool. Good luck with the purchase.
So the engine (which is a downgrade IMO and really doesn’t show much technological advantage if that’s the standard we’re going by), the steering rack which is the same unit in every other Mustang, albeit with EPAS tuning (which the Mach 1 also gets), Carbon fiber wing (or swing) is carried over to the Mach 1 from the GT350/500, though it’s painted magneticand magride which the standard GT has gotten since 2018 and the Mach 1 will also get should really be excluded from that list

But the knuckles and brakes are 2 clear advantages of the GT350 that the Mach 1 DEFINITELY should have received. The carbon fiber wheels are awesome and definitely a technogical advantage, but are also only available on the $70k+ before ADM GT350R (and also have replacement costs that would make you never want to drive on them).

It doesn’t come standard with Recaros, but they certainly are an option (which I will definitely be picking). Like I said, I have nothing against the GT350, it’s a great car... it just lasted about 2 years longer than it should have without any significant updates.

And thanks for having a good conversation instead of getting offended like most of these Shelby folk tend to :p

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo

By “stale” you mean better than right? If you could afford a gt350 would you still bash it? It really comes down to a money thing for you, it has to and that’s ok. If the Mach 1 and gt350 cost the same, you’d pick the 350.
It’s ok to say the 350 is the better car, but when money is involved you’d take the less expensive one.
Sponsored