• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

It's Official! Dark Horse Cancelled!! Got new Hot Ride!!!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I ordered a Dark Horse on 27MAR23, first day order banks opened. It's the same spec that many others are waiting for. Blue Ember, 5M, Appearance Package and Handling Package. But apparently Ford and my Dealership can't get the S#!T together long enough to build the car I ordered. So, today I bit the bullet and I officially cancelled my order and got my deposit refunded.

It has been 13 months. So long, that the Sales Associate I placed my order with no longer worked there, (Didn't even have the decency to let me know!!). Additionally, the dealership had to refund my deposit manually as they had changed their computer payment system and my original transaction had not been processed through it. It's no wonder I never got my car scheduled!!!

The dealership got 2 other Dark Horse and several months ago tried to detour me into one, none anywhere close enough; so, no dice!!

So, enough is enough!!

It's all good though! Got me a new hot ride!!!

1970 Ranchero GT!!!
1970 Ranchero GT - Three Quarter Front View.jpg
1970 Ranchero GT - Rear View.jpg
1970 Ranchero GT - Interior View.jpg

Years ago, I once owned a 1971 Ranchero GT, and I really had a ball with that car and really miss it. This one is much nicer.

See y'all later, have a good one!!!
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Sorry things did not work out. I found my DH when it was on the assembly line last month. Put a deposit on it that day. It was produced ~10 days later. Took delivery ~7 days later. It pays to do more than just put down a deposit and wait.

Nice Ranchero.

OP
OP
BlackFerret69

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry things did not work out. I found my DH when it was on the assembly line last month. Put a deposit on it that day. It was produced ~10 days later. Took delivery ~7 days later. It pays to do more than just put down a deposit and wait.

Nice Ranchero.
Thank. I didn't just wait. I spent 6 months searching for a matching spec or close to it, but every DH that was even close had Recaro seats and/or automatic transmission. It seems as if the dealers all DH buyers would want Recaros. Just to be sure, I took one of my Dealers DH with Recaros and Manual out for a test drive. I am 6'3" at 260# and boy were those Recaros tight, my A$$ was numb after just a 10 minute drive. The Automatic had cloth seats, no appearance or hadling package, I didn't care for it.

I am interested in seeing what Ford comes out with in MY25, if I like what I see, I still may consider getting a new Mustang.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Better get your order in for that 2025 or you'll end up waiting another year (and cancelling).

Best of luck!

OP
OP
BlackFerret69

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I ordered a Dark Horse on 27MAR23, first day order banks opened. It's the same spec that many others are waiting for. Blue Ember, 5M, Appearance Package and Handling Package. But apparently Ford and my Dealership can't get the S#!T together long enough to build the car I ordered. So, today I bit the bullet and I officially cancelled my order and got my deposit refunded.

It has been 13 months. So long, that the Sales Associate I placed my order with no longer worked there, (Didn't even have the decency to let me know!!). Additionally, the dealership had to refund my deposit manually as they had changed their computer payment system and my original transaction had not been processed through it. It's no wonder I never got my car scheduled!!!

The dealership got 2 other Dark Horse and several months ago tried to detour me into one, none anywhere close enough; so, no dice!!

So, enough is enough!!

It's all good though! Got me a new hot ride!!!

1970 Ranchero GT!!!
1970 Ranchero GT - Three Quarter Front View.jpg
1970 Ranchero GT - Rear View.jpg
1970 Ranchero GT - Interior View.jpg

Years ago, I once owned a 1971 Ranchero GT, and I really had a ball with that car and really miss it. This one is much nicer.

See y'all later, have a good one!!!
It's a significant problem because, at this point, there's plenty of C8 inventory to the point where dealers are doing $9k off MSRP on new C8 Corvettes :

https://www.macmulkin.net/VehicleSearchResults?lotAgeRange=&offer=&serverFields=summary,filters,metadata,results(miles,color(exterior(name)),engine(description),id,make,model,year,photos(mainPhoto),category,prices,vehicleDetailWebUrl,mileage,odometer,loaner,demo,trim)&stockOrVIN=&scenario=vehicleShowCase&specificationsDisplay=bestPractices&model=Corvette&category=new&make=Chevrolet&merchandisingDisplay=savings&status=In-transit,In-stock&intentAware=true

https://www.cioccacorvette.com/new-inventory/index.htm

Ford missed the boat in terms of getting these Mustangs to market quickly.

tj@steeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang