Sponsored

It's Official: Corvette C8, 0-60MPH in 2.9, Qtr Mile 11.3 @ 121 MPH

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Lol... their last GT500 was at 650. What did you think they were going to put it with Whipple gt’s running around at 775 crank? Come on silky Johnson. High 700’s was a given.
I wouldnt call 760 "high" 700s or is 751 nearly 800hp to you? LOL geezus.

Might as well round up amiright?
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldnt call 760 "high" 700s or is 751 nearly 800hp to you? LOL geezus.

Might as well round up amiright?
When they dyne this, factor in the drive train loss it will be minimum high 700’s. Ford likes to sand bag. Unlike Chevy who sells wolf tickets.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When they dyne this, factor in the drive train loss it will be minimum high 700’s. Ford likes to sand bag. Unlike Chevy who sells wolf tickets.
I mean yeah..... My 2018 GT makes 460 hp but you know lets just round up and say it makes 500 according to your math...... SMH.....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I mean yeah..... My 2018 GT makes 460 hp but you know lets just round up and say it makes 500 according to your math...... SMH.....
Yeah it’s math. GTs been dynoing higher than 460 with drive train loss factored in. 2019 GT350 just did the same thing. Hater tomater. Lol, just fucking with you on the hater thing but seriously

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it’s math. GTs been dynoing higher than 460 with drive train loss factored in. 2019 GT350 just did the same thing. Hater tomater. Lol, just fucking with you on the hater thing but seriously
Ohh Emmmm Geee you mean the GT350 that got cylinder head changes? Man you make it so easy to wreck your comments with simple common sense reading and comprehension goes a long way you should try it!

Here Ill even do some leg work for you.

Read this thread on the GT350!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-gt350-dyno-by-motortrend.127187/

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Orrrr could it be that as the competitions offering keep getting better forcing Ford to go back to the drawing board over and over thus why the damn GT500 is so late to market LMFAO.

1st is was the Hellcat 707hp.
Then it was the ZR1 vette 755hp.
Then it was the Redeye 797hp.
And the Demon at 840hp.

Sure HP. doesnt mean everything but Fords been like

Were ready! Nope wait fuck!
Then......
Were ready! Nope wait....
Then............
Were ready!! Nope wait we suck again!!

At least 50% of this post is sarcastic to twist people panties....LOL
The motor had nothing to do with the long wait in my opinion. It was the DCT,tuning for that and the testing. FORD already had a motor for the car.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Those pirellis are trash. They do not hook. I’ve only seen the track pack GT500’s in person and those had cups. Not sure what the standard 500 will have but yeah with those and a dual clutch it should do mid 10’s right off the factory floor. Personally I think it will be like the 18 gt. People will tune it to E85 and curb stomp cars it isn’t supposed to.
The cup 2 tires hook good

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The motor had nothing to do with the long wait in my opinion. It was the DCT,tuning for that and the testing. FORD already had a motor for the car.
This isnt the 1st DCT to be used ever in a car. Im not buying that excuse. They could have used a DCT from another vehicle.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Kinda. GM is famous for giving 'specially prepared' cars to professional drivers masquerading as some random to run the ring. They did it with the 2019 Z06.
Garbage Motors is famous for sending out RINGER cars. That's why nobody can get the times they claim. Fiat dodge with the demon, they do the same thing:lipssealed:

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Where did I say mustang?

Lots of other vehicles use DCT.
Well I said Mustang. If you would have been following FORD talking about the new GT500, its the first TREMEC DCT being used in this car. When the s550 came out a DCT at that time probably wasn't thought of. So, it had to be made to fit, and all that goes with that, also it had to be done in such a way for it to be put in right on the assembly line, as well as new wiring for something that was not thought of originally for that car, plus all of the hours testing and testing the different modes of the car. :lipssealed:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of other vehicles use DCT.
VW started it in 2007, Porsche in 2009, Merc, Nissan, BMW, Audi have had them for a few years. Now maybe Tremec hadn't built one before (or it's only effort was the previous dry-clutch fiasco) or none of the cars so equipped had so much torque on tap. Personally I would have sourced a unit from an already *experienced* supplier, but I don't run Ford, nor give a shit about "long standing relationships" when they hurt my product timeline. Tremec built the thing and I'm going to guess it took them a long-ass time to learn the lessons the other guys (eg. ZF) had long since figured out.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nope last 2 cars Ive owned were both S550s and Ive never owned a Camaro.

The Camaro was too expensive for a compareable 2016 when I got my 1st Mustang. That one got totaled so now I have a 2018 A10 car. The part that baffles me isnt that Im a GM nutswinger thats not the case. Its far more that Fors has really really missed the mark with the abortions of a GT500.

Its way long over due.
Its way too heavy.
Its already in a 5 year old chassis.
Its ONLY saving grace maybe that DCT trans.

However we have yet to see independent testing.
You seem super negative. Maybe you just think differently about cars than I do. I'm more of a road course guy and I don't really like power adders (especially super chargers), so the GT500 was never a huge deal to me. You don't seem very honest to me either, because you don't own a GT500. If you love the GT500 so much, why don't you have one? And why do you care so much? Seems like you are just bad mouthing Ford for no good reason.

From my perspective, the GT350 and R especially were so great that Ford has had nothing to prove. Ford already kicked everyone with an awesome flat plane crank engine and carbon fiber wheels. Now Porsche and Ferrari are trying to play catch up adding carbon fiber wheels to more of their cars, and GM is talking about a flat plane crank engine. The GT350 set the world on its heels, and the R models are still even after 4 1/2 years difficult to get at MSRP. That is a HUGE SUCCESS!

So from my perspective, Ford had no reason to release the GT500 at all. They already had a world beater halo car that everyone wanted. They already proved they could build big supercharged power with the GT500 from just a few years ago. I see no reason at all that they should be in any kind of hurry to release the GT500. The other car companies are offering me too products that copy off the original and best Ford GT500. No need to keep building/doing the same thing over and over again. Obviously you don't want one since you don't have the last version in your garage. You just want to read about it or something.
Sponsored