Sponsored

It's Not a Rattle in Carbon Dash Around the Gauges

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I know this topic has been covered a lot. I have read most of the threads, but I have not seen a cause like what my rattle dash is doing.

If the exhaust is in Track mode, I get a rattle around 2300 rpm that is originating from around the center dash gauge cluster. This is nothing new as many have this rattle. I have pushed and pulled on the gauges and dash panel and it makes not difference in the rattle.

If I turn the exhaust to any other mode holding the same speed/RPM, the rattle stops. Something with the harmonics and track mode exhaust are causing the rattle.

The video does not capture the rattle as well as I hear it but you can hear it and me clicking through the exhaust modes. You can hear the that rattle stops then starts back up when I get back to track mode.
If you listen closely, you can hear the rattle over the exhaust. In person, the rattle is very annoying and louder than the video portrays.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/CbdJZ8cDC7A/edit
Sponsored

Last edited:

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
No rattles but I can feel the resonance in the steering wheel in track mode.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crazy problem has been identified and fixed.

Believe it or not, it was the LED trunk light. This was offered up as a possible cause although it sounded like it was in the dash. On another board a member said his son was riding in the back as the dad was complaining about the dash rattle. The son said it's right behind me not in the dash. A few looks around and found the loose LED trunk light.

100% the cause. I did the fix today and no more rattle. It is nuts how the sound was traveling through the cab.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Crazy problem has been identified and fixed.

Believe it or not, it was the LED trunk light. This was offered up as a possible cause although it sounded like it was in the dash. On another board a member said his son was riding in the back as the dad was complaining about the dash rattle. The son said it's right behind me not in the dash. A few looks around and found the loose LED trunk light.

100% the cause. I did the fix today and no more rattle. It is nuts how the sound was traveling through the cab.
What is the fix? Foam? Reposition the light fixture? Something else?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to give it another go and was able to use my pick to pop out the lens from the bottom without having to remove the rear deck lid and come from the top. I put foam tape all around the edge and now it's as snug as a bug in a rug.

led2.jpg

led3.jpg

led4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)