Sponsored

It's Here! My 2019 Mustang Bullitt Delivery and First Drive.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Awesome. Congrats again, Matt. I’m truly very happy for you.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Congrats on being a new owner of a Bullitt. What rear gear does your Bullitt have ?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Congratulation sir...!

Enjoy and looking forward to your full review…! Your smile says it all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt
It’s unfortunate about the scratch on the passenger side door but you can get that fixed. Congrats once again on your new vehicle. It looks and sounds great! Is rev match a new thing for all the 2019 manual trans mustangs?
Rev match is a new standard feature on all V8 manual 2019s.

That scratch is a godsend.

Now when the shop broom falls on the rear quarter after the garage door is open on a windy day, the small dent and scratch it leaves won't make him kick the cat over the fence.

In the fine game of cricket there is a saying...."breaking the duck". Breaking the duck is getting a score so that the zero on the scoreboard (that looks like a ducks egg) is removed from your name. Matt's Bullitt just broke the duck. Got it's first scratch :).
Yeah, I'm kind of looking at it that way. Prevents me from obsessing over trying to keep it perfect. Also, the Bullitt car in the movie was made to look a little dinged up anyway, not saying I want dings, but that theme also helps me to relax a little about keeping it pristine.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Love it, scratch and all. The sound is spectacular and the crackle pops are a bonus.

Rev match is a nice touch...is there Hill hold as well?

Can’t wait to get one of these beauties.

Taller gearing may be a bonus as a daily driver.

Looking forward to the review(s)!

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Love it, scratch and all. The sound is spectacular and the crackle pops are a bonus.

Rev match is a nice touch...is there Hill hold as well?

Can’t wait to get one of these beauties.

Taller gearing may be a bonus as a daily driver.

Looking forward to the review(s)!
Yep, has the same hill hold system that was introduced on the 2015s. Works great. Definitely will take me a little to get used to the taller gearing, but I'll basically drive it like a 4 speed unless I'm on the highway. I used 5th quite a bit in my 2016.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats Matt! That green is fantastic, and it sounds great.

I think once you're able to rev it out and take advantage of the GT350 induction package, you'll like the gearing a lot more. What's the redline? It should be higher than a standard '18 GT (GT350 IM makes peak power at 7500 rpm, so if it doesn't rev higher, it's not gonna get full use of the package). I agree though that I think the gearing is too tall and unsure why it was done. The previous MT-82 ratios are excellent, IMO.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats Matt! That green is fantastic, and it sounds great.

I think once you're able to rev it out and take advantage of the GT350 induction package, you'll like the gearing a lot more. What's the redline? It should be higher than a standard '18 GT (GT350 IM makes peak power at 7500 rpm, so if it doesn't rev higher, it's not gonna get full use of the package). I agree though that I think the gearing is too tall and unsure why it was done. The previous MT-82 ratios are excellent, IMO.
Thanks! Redline is the same 7,500 as other 2018+ GTs. When I talked to Carl Widmann about the engine changes for the Bullitt a while ago he said it basically just strengthens the whole power curve, as opposed to shifting it in one direction or another. I guess that's how they tuned it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Redline is the same 7,500 as other 2018+ GTs. When I talked to Carl Widmann about the engine changes for the Bullitt a while ago he said it basically just strengthens the whole power curve, as opposed to shifting it in one direction or another. I guess that's how they tuned it.
They must've done some interesting trickery then! The runner lengths will definitely shift up the power curve, although the change is nowhere near as dramatic between the 18 manifold and the GT350 manifold, compared with the 15 manifold to the GT350 manifold. The CAI alone should provide some decent gains above 6500 rpm, when tuned for it.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That color is just so freaking awesome. I would definitely lowered and put some forged wheels on it.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
WAY TO GO MATT!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful car Matt, I'm super jealous!
Your grin the entire video explains it all.
Sponsored