It's here! Good and bad news

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
The mileage would bug me more than the glass but it's to be expected to some extent on a car that traveled that far to get to you. Either way, it's a beautiful car and I love the wheels obviously! Get the glass changed, don't sweat the milage and then enjoy the hell out of her.

Mine came from the factory with a small dent in the hood that was painted over at the plant including overspray under one side of my hood. It's very shallow but in the right light you could notice it. I'm actually glad I didn't see it on delivery as it would have bummed me out on what was a really memorable day. In any event, I had one of the top PDR guys in the country take the dent out for me, then had the paint polished up to get it pretty much perfect and have been loving this car.

At the end of the day Fords QC sucks and these cars aren't treated like anything special as they ship so this stuff happens. It isn't right but it's reality unfortunately. Doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for these cars at all though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
I can't really judge how visible or ugly those scratches are from these pics, but if it's something you can "live with," you might consider leaving it alone. In 1995 I bought a new Camaro that had a small scratch in the huge hatch window. The dealer replaced it, but the installer did kind of a hack job with the trim so it never looked quite right.
Yeah, this is a possible risk.
But it suppose to be a new car which translates also to "no scratches".

Scratches are especially visible from outside on black, no-transparent, window "frame".
They are very contrasting there.

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
The mileage would bug me more than the glass but it's to be expected to some extent on a car that traveled that far to get to you. Either way, it's a beautiful car and I love the wheels obviously! Get the glass changed, don't sweat the milage and then enjoy the hell out of her.
^This!

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
My friend, you are in good hands. Ford will fix any issue through the warranty if you claim it. Take the car, because you have waited so long. Love the car but break it in first. The owner's manual will tell you the mileage/kilometers you have to have on the odometer before you can rev up. I know your are metric but 48 miles on the OD doesn't matter. I'm sure it was driven but not much, and it could have been hard. However, start it and listen to the engine in the front with the hood up. Does it sound funny? If so, then walk away. Change the oil if you take it ASAP, and follow the manual as far as driving. That many kilos on the odometer hasn't even broken in the tires. They should all four have a green and separate red stripes on them. If not, be worried a little more.

You will love it if it is up to specification.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
:shock: World is small!
So you are half Slovene then - so to speak.
I'm from the Oberkrain region ("Gorenjska" in Slovene). It is not far away from Untersteyermark ("Ĺ tajerska" in Slovene).
Anyway nothing is far away in Slovenia according to US standards.
Maximum 3 hours of highway driving from border to border in any direction.

Maybe you will visit Slovenia someday discovering your roots. You can contact me at anytime.

My Mom's maiden name was Bajc (Albina Bajc). She was a native German speaker. She came to the US in 1949. My father is from Ukraine, and they came after my sister was born in Passau in 1948.

I would love to come one day - I need to do a "23 and me" or some type of DNA study so I can track down relatives. People split up and drifted apart after WW2 and didn't like to talk a lot about what happened. I know I still have relatives in the area, but I don't know who they are.

If I come I'll take you up on that offer. After you break that car in you need to take it to the autobahn.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I would not worry about either. Let them fix the glass. My car came with 48 miles on odometer and I found a signed note in he glove box that said my car was pulled from the line and randomly quality tested by the factory. The car has been rock solid and wonderful. Enjoy it! I don think in that short of miles they can hurt anything. The computer controls the engine and gas and keeps it in safe ranges anyway!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice with spoiler delete. wish I had a delete, but the GT/CS one I have is alright.

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
After reading your posts till here I'm much more relaxed about the scratched glass situation.
Thank you all forum members which participated to this thread and fight against my doubts.
I'm feeling much better and I'm prepared to enjoy my first steps with Mustang.

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice with spoiler delete. wish I had a delete, but the GT/CS one I have is alright.
I think all European GTs have spoiler delete by default, which is fine with me.
Personally I like it better without.

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
My Mom's maiden name was Bajc (Albina Bajc). She was a native German speaker. She came to the US in 1949. My father is from Ukraine, and they came after my sister was born in Passau in 1948.

I would love to come one day - I need to do a "23 and me" or some type of DNA study so I can track down relatives. People split up and drifted apart after WW2 and didn't like to talk a lot about what happened. I know I still have relatives in the area, but I don't know who they are.

If I come I'll take you up on that offer. After you break that car in you need to take it to the autobahn.
If you will have some serious ambitions to research your Slovenian origin, I can try to help you a bit with that.
PM me some more information about it, if you think this is appropriate.

During your eventual visit in Slovenia / Austria / Germany we can together take my car to autobahn.
We can also start in Passau :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Silver color can cope good with dust. Also shows and emphasize all the contours of the car.
And - in my case - is a homage to 1969 silver Ford Capri which my father drove when I was a baby.
A beautiful car, I wish you much enjoyment of it. I share the reasons you chose ingot silver, telling the salesperson I wanted a color that accentuates the sculpted lines. It is quite dusty here as well, and the color does hide it dust, though it will reduce that glow ingot has when polished and clean. Even after 3 years of ownership, I still look at it admiringly, Best wishes and enjoy!

Last edited:

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My 2019 Mustang GT has arrived!

After 8 months of endless waiting finally sits on dealer's parking lot.

2019_05_21_GT_Front_IMG_3218.JPG

2019_05_21_GT_Side_IMG_3216.JPG

This is good news.
Bad news is that the car was damaged during transit. The front (windshield) glass and the rear glass are scratched.

2019_05_21_Poškodba_stekla_IMG_3220.JPG

Dealership ordered both new windshield and rear glass.
Both will be changed under warranty.

And there is 78.6km on car's counter.

2019_05_21_Kilometri_danes_IMG_3221.JPG

Should I be worried?
II would not accept this car under any circumstances. When they take the old glass out they will cut into the paint. No matter how well they reset it you will be seeing rust after the first winter or before.

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
II would not accept this car under any circumstances. When they take the old glass out they will cut into the paint. No matter how well they reset it you will be seeing rust after the first winter or before.
Looks like you never had a windshield done good. I changed windshield in my Focus 4 times (bad luck I guess). This car is 13 years old and there is no sign of rust near it.

Also, not accepting this car in Europe means another 8-12 months of wait time.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I work at a Ford Assembly Plant (Not the Mustang one) and they have to replace the glass there from time to time. I was just talking to a friend (co-worker) last night who was telling me he may get a repair job that includes glass replacement. I asked how hard that was and he said it's really easy. They have "proper procedures" for that kind of repair. I would ask if you can watch how they do it (just say you're curious) and he may take a bit more time to make sure he's doing it right as you are standing right there. As far as the mileage our factory takes one every so often on a test drive loop and it entails 35 to 45 miles of city and highway driving. Could be a bonus for you as at least you know it'll run and shift good since they've spent time with it. Besides, as long as the tires don't look abused I'm sure it's fine as these cars are built to withstand drag racing. Some drag racers actually break their engines in by what we'd call abuse and they run better for it. Nice car by the way!!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
This is complete nonsense.
Sponsored