It's here! Good and bad news

Zelek

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
I'd get those wheels with a Kona Blue if I were to get a new Mustang. They look great. I just wish they did square setups from Ford since there are people out there that like to rotate tires like me.

Congrats on the new car. Few minor issues, but easily fixable. My passenger door scratched my paint from rubbing on the inner part due to misalignment so don't feel bad.

Advertisement

kz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
How bad are the scratches?. Can those be polished? I would inquire about other options besides replacing both windshields. That’s a big job and if done incorrectly it can lead to many problems.
Windshield replacement is absolutely not a big job. Not even close. In US, there are companies that would do them (Safelite for example) at the parking lot while you're at work. It's cut one out, glue another one in job.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Windshield replacement is absolutely not a big job. Not even close. In US, there are companies that would do them (Safelite for example) at the parking lot while you're at work. It's cut one out, glue another one in job.
I actually had that done once.

88lx50

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Safelite sucks. Their idea is to get it done as quick as possible and leave. I stood there and watched the guy change my windshield when I saw how quickly he was trying to get it done and he knicked the paint with the knife they use to cut the urethane. All because he was in a rush.

Tseg

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I can't speak for the Mustang, but select vehicles, like a Jeep Wrangler, are notoriously tricky to seat the windshield just right, resulting in a whistle frequently (Note: the near-90-degree angle of the windshield is also cause for frequent replacement). If the windshield whistles, they just have to reinstall it again if it bothers you, which would be the case with a brand new vehicle.

But agree, generally not a big job, an hour to get in, an hour to install, an hour to set. 3 hours tops.

Adf020

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
I would look around all the body panels and see if there is any paint damage before you take ownership of it.

Zathras

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't really judge how visible or ugly those scratches are from these pics, but if it's something you can "live with," you might consider leaving it alone. In 1995 I bought a new Camaro that had a small scratch in the huge hatch window. The dealer replaced it, but the installer did kind of a hack job with the trim so it never looked quite right.

Jay-rod427

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The mileage and fuel use is nothing. A proper dealer delivery inspection should be a short drive, and let the engine run a while to let the smells burn off somewhat.

EcoVert

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking car the wheels really make it stand out

Biggus Dickus

Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT
Congrats on the car - My Mom was from Slovenia (Untersteyermark). Enjoy. I wouldn't worry about the glass, but someone probably took your car for a little joyride (unless it was selected for factory testing).

OP
Pero

Pero

Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Ingot is one of the few silver paints I actually like. Looks great, congrats! Once the glass is cleared up you couldn't be happier with a car.
Silver color can cope good with dust. Also shows and emphasize all the contours of the car.
And - in my case - is a homage to 1969 silver Ford Capri which my father drove when I was a baby.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Silver color can cope good with dust. Also shows and emphasize all the contours of the car.
And - in my case - is a homage to 1969 silver Ford Capri which my father drove when I was a baby.
I keep a completely spent air freshener on the mirror for my dad, just like all his cars. I think he changed them out once a year.

OP
Pero

Pero

Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
What is up with 78km on the odo.. Sure its not from another dealer? We bought a new Honda back in 17 fresh off the truck and it only had 4 miles on it. So what gives..
Sure it is not from another dealer. There must be another explanation.

Very nice!

Sucks about the scratches and the mileage. I’d definitely question them on that. Mine had 6 miles on it if I remember correctly.
Nice looking car. I would definitely let the dealership replace the damaged glass. BTW, my stang had only 18-19 kilometers on the odometer when I took delivery.
I would definitely question that mileage. Mine had about 3 miles on it when I picked it up.

Tomorrow I have meeting with the dealer and I will inspect the car thoroughly.
I can live with these few kilometers more on odometer if this would be the only problem with the car.
Hoping not to find another proofs of abuse (like strange accelerometer figures).

kz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Safelite sucks. Their idea is to get it done as quick as possible and leave. I stood there and watched the guy change my windshield when I saw how quickly he was trying to get it done and he knicked the paint with the knife they use to cut the urethane. All because he was in a rush.
Yea, doesn't change the fact it is fairly small job - it can be done right (I've had two windshields replaced - one by Safelite in their shop and they really did it right and with care) - person dependent - like everything.

Wife's F150 came with a leak through the windshield (proudly made by UAW in Kansas City) - had to have it reinstalled twice. Bottom line - freakout above about the windshield is unnecessary.

OP
Pero

Pero

Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
I keep a completely spent air freshener on the mirror for my dad, just like all his cars. I think he changed them out once a year.

You can buy him an air freshener he will never left it there hanging for a year.

_Car_Air_Freshener.jpg

Advertisement

114 - J&M Products / Hotpart.com - 1

Advertisement