Sponsored

It's HERE! 🎉 Elite Series Sequential Foglight for 2018+ Ford Mustang | Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
h15ixwW.png

The clock is ticking!

Hurry! There are ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT to save on your favorite LED lighting products from Diode Dynamics.

Click HERE to shop!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 9/9/2022. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.
Sponsored

Ragamuffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 manual Mach 1
@Diode Dynamics any comments on the circuit rework to prevent the issue users mention (hyper flashing, freezing on amber)? I want to buy some of your lights, but am hesitant with that being called out.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
@Diode Dynamics any comments on the circuit rework to prevent the issue users mention (hyper flashing, freezing on amber)? I want to buy some of your lights, but am hesitant with that being called out.
My unsolicited advice, don't purchase, at least for now.

They have been promising a replacement for 2 MONTHS (8/1/2022). Their last response via email is that the materials are on back order (2 weeks ago). I went back to stock because this is a real hazard. Taking the bumper off is a real pain in the ass because of so many bolts and clips you have to remove.

Ragamuffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 manual Mach 1
My unsolicited advice, don't purchase, at least for now.

They have been promising a replacement for 2 MONTHS (8/1/2022). Their last response via email is that the materials are on back order (2 weeks ago). I went back to stock because this is a real hazard. Taking the bumper off is a real pain in the ass because of so many bolts and clips you have to remove.
Good advice, that's what I was thinking based on the comments here. Thank you for being open and candid, hopefully we can get the same from them.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So far mine still works even in 90 degree weather, I have the lamps set to US spec blinking and I did not tap in or use the extra wire for DRL. Wonder if the DRL tap in and connector increase chance of hyperblink?

Sponsored

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So far mine still works even in 90 degree weather, I have the lamps set to US spec blinking and I did not tap in or use the extra wire for DRL. Wonder if the DRL tap in and connector increase chance of hyperblink?
I am no expert but if I had to guess, I think the DRL are causing the lamps to overheat in hot weather. What bothers me is that they are still listed on the website.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I connected the DRL and mine work fine. Now I do not have allot of miles on my car and it's not smoken hot where I live.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I connected the DRL and mine work fine. Now I do not have allot of miles on my car and it's not smoken hot where I live.
Mine worked fine for 10 months before it started happening. Their warranty is 8 years.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm sorry for the unclear information on this, everyone. Our policy is transparency, and we have total design responsibility as we make the product ourselves, they are not imported. I hope this reply helps answer some questions.

The hyperblinking issue was completely resolved earlier this year after we were able to finally replicate the issue on our end. We had "bad" units returned to us that worked correctly on multiple Mustangs here. Through a lot of testing, we finally narrowed it down and corrected it. If you are still having any trouble with hyperblinking, please contact us for a warranty replacement.

The "amber stuck" issue is even more hit-or-miss. It seems that in certain high temperature situations, a component on the board can send a bad signal to the microcontroller, if that component is also out of range on its tolerance. We did not detect this issue because the sample units used in validation happened to have a component that was OK. But if you have a component that's out of tolerance, and get it up to a certain operating temperature (maybe with DRL on too as suggested), that's enough to cause a problem. Again, very difficult to replicate.

This issue was also resolved recently though, by changing the value of the component entirely. Units shipping now no longer have any chance of the problem occurring. I know it may look like everyone is having this problem if you read this thread, but we only had a handful of reported issues with over 1000 sets sold, so we did not feel a product recall was necessary. Again, if you do have this issue, please contact us. We fully stand behind what we sell, and especially in the case of a design issue like this, you can be sure that a replacement will be provided.

I apologize as I know the replacement process is not simple by any means. Unfortunately, we didn't find these two pesky issues until a few hundred units were in the field. We have implemented larger sample sizes and more rigorous initial testing procedures to attempt to find these types of issues before production starts in the future.

Please feel free to let me know if I can answer any further questions. As mentioned, I know we are awaiting components for the next production run, so two people are currently waiting on their replacement. We are doing everything we can to get them to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Paul

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
" This issue was also resolved recently though, by changing the value of the component entirely. Units shipping now no longer have any chance of the problem occurring. I know it may look like everyone is having this problem if you read this thread, but we only had a handful of reported issues with over 1000 sets sold, so we did not feel a product recall was necessary. Again, if you do have this issue, please contact us. We fully stand behind what we sell, and especially in the case of a design issue like this, you can be sure that a replacement will be provided. "

Thanks for the answer, can you please ship mine? It's been 2 months.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
" This issue was also resolved recently though, by changing the value of the component entirely. Units shipping now no longer have any chance of the problem occurring. I know it may look like everyone is having this problem if you read this thread, but we only had a handful of reported issues with over 1000 sets sold, so we did not feel a product recall was necessary. Again, if you do have this issue, please contact us. We fully stand behind what we sell, and especially in the case of a design issue like this, you can be sure that a replacement will be provided. "

Thanks for the answer, can you please ship mine? It's been 2 months.
Hey Dave!

I understand your frustration and inconvenience. I've spoken with our customer service team and they provided an email on 8/17 noted 6-8 weeks for production to provide a replacement set of Mustang Combination Fog Lamps. They're still on track to ship mid-October.

Please, feel free to reach our directly at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST or email our team for immediate assistance at [email protected]

Thank you for your patience. We're looking forward to getting your replacement set to you as soon as possible!

John C.
Social Media Community Manager
Diode Dynamics

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dave!

I understand your frustration and inconvenience. I've spoken with our customer service team and they provided an email on 8/17 noted 6-8 weeks for production to provide a replacement set of Mustang Combination Fog Lamps. They're still on track to ship mid-October.

Please, feel free to reach our directly at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST or email our team for immediate assistance at [email protected]

Thank you for your patience. We're looking forward to getting your replacement set to you as soon as possible!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Are these in stock? If so, do you mind PMing me a coupon code? 🙏🏿

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hey Dave!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Do you have an update on this? It's been 15 weeks. I would accept a refund. They are packed and ready to ship to you once you provide the shipping label.
Sponsored