Sponsored

It's HERE! 🎉 Elite Series Sequential Foglight for 2018+ Ford Mustang | Diode Dynamics

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Good morning, Don!

We just replied to the thread provided in your response to Brian (forum member).

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you regarding any issue with your Elite Series Mustang Combination Lamps.
Hi,

Just wanted to give a big thanks to you guys. Steve E. was of great assistance and got my lights swapped. The new ones are working perfectly and hopefully will continue to do so. The originals should be back there (hopefully) by now. Do you know if there was a change to the circuitry in the turn signals that made a difference?

Anyway, a big shout out to Steve E. and thanks for the excellent customer support.

Don
Sponsored

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Love them!

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
What exactly is the fix? I have a 2018 and got these (well, my daughter got them for me) for Christmas and installed them months later when they finally arrived. Mine does the hyper flashing and freezing on a non-blinking amber bar but it only seems to happen when it's really hot, like over 100 degrees, outside (I live in Tucson, AZ). They work fine when it's cooler but when it's really hot they blink normally a few times at the start of the drive and then freeze with an all amber light bar. This is actually kind of dangerous at intersections where other drivers can't tell that I want to turn.

jtrinkle on this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/diode-dynamics-sequential-turn-signal.174406/ also reported this issue.
Mine did the same as well, swapped out and the new ones are working fine

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Mine did the same as well, swapped out and the new ones are working fine
Must be something with the earlier production run I guess. My new replacements are working fine now and it's been 100+ during the day here.

Don

Sponsored

Mr X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just had them installed and without harness, they function the way I like, sequential turn signals and when headlights on the bars are all white and switch to amber when signalling. Yellow fog lights look unique this time.

diode.jpg
Do you get the start up sequence when you open the door ??

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Do you get the start up sequence when you open the door ??
When you open the door, they include a unique startup sequence!

7:00 that can be seen here on CJPonyParts YouTube video:

Mr X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
When you open the door, they include a unique startup sequence!

7:00 that can be seen here on CJPonyParts YouTube video:

I meant, do you get the start up sequence if you bypass the harness altogether ??

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Got the driver side replaced due to moisture inside and works perfectly now. But the passenger side has the hyperflashing thing.

Sponsored

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Came here with a warning to those who have the hyper-flashing. You might not realize it but after certain amount of time, the lights will freeze amber. In my case after about 20-30 minutes of driving, they blink for 3-4 seconds then freeze yellow. DD is supposedly working on a circuit redesign but I have no choice but to go back to stock for now. I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was discussed already. Mine worked fine for about 10 months. Definitely a hazard.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Came here with a warning to those who have the hyper-flashing. You might not realize it but after certain amount of time, the lights will freeze amber. In my case after about 20-30 minutes of driving, they blink for 3-4 seconds then freeze yellow. DD is supposedly working on a circuit redesign but I have no choice but to go back to stock for now. I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was discussed already. Mine worked fine for about 10 months. Definitely a hazard.
Sorry to hear that. My 19 GT Premium has no issue running them. I wonder why

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Yup somtimes only freeze amber

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry to hear that. My 19 GT Premium has no issue running them. I wonder why
Keep an eye on it, specially if you have the hyper-flashing. Mine didn't start failing until 10 months of normal use. I am pretty sure it has to do with overheating.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Keep an eye on it, specially if you have the hyper-flashing. Mine didn't start failing until 10 months of normal use. I am pretty sure it has to do with overheating.
I will, thanks for the heads up
Sponsored