Sponsored

It's HERE! 🎉 Elite Series Sequential Foglight for 2018+ Ford Mustang | Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I have the same issue and I received an email just yesterday from diode dynamics that says they were unable to replicate the issue and find a solution at this time. So I guess the option for those of you who run into the Hyperflashing issue is to either return them or stick with it. They said they will continue to look into it but currently, they don't have a solution for this issue.
I just want to confirm that yes, we are continuing to research the issue. At this point though, we have returned units that were hyperflashing on a customer's Mustang. We installed those exact units into multiple Mustangs here at our facility, and they do not hyperflash. So there's something very picky going on with specific vehicles. We are going to keep bringing in more cars to test, and as soon as we can replicate the issue here, our engineers will be able to resolve it. We are going to fix it, but it's proven extremely difficult to actually see the issue on our end. Thanks for your patience.

Paul
Sponsored

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
So your running the RTR harness and the Diode harness together?! I run the RTR lights and grill also but wasn't going to use the diode harness since the RTR lights are my DRL's.
yeah connected both DD and RTR harnesses to the headlight.

Can I not connect the DD harness to the headlight ?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
yeah connected both DD and RTR harnesses to the headlight.

Can I not connect the DD harness to the headlight ?
I'm not really sure I haven't got my lights yet but from what I've read the harness is used to give you the DRL function. Not sure what piggy backing does. I read somewhere plugging the diodes straight in the original lights gives you all functions except DRL.

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to confirm that yes, we are continuing to research the issue. At this point though, we have returned units that were hyperflashing on a customer's Mustang. We installed those exact units into multiple Mustangs here at our facility, and they do not hyperflash. So there's something very picky going on with specific vehicles. We are going to keep bringing in more cars to test, and as soon as we can replicate the issue here, our engineers will be able to resolve it. We are going to fix it, but it's proven extremely difficult to actually see the issue on our end. Thanks for your patience.

Paul
I was wondering if anything was ever figured out regarding this?

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
suddenly I got hyperflashing, then I checked the passenger turn signal was always on yellow without sequencing like in the pic (even after stopping the turn signal, this side is always yellow while driving and the other one white. it was funny).
is it due to the wiring or something else? because the driver side is perfectly fine.

20220301_161738.jpg

Sponsored

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
suddenly I got hyperflashing, then I checked the passenger turn signal was always on yellow without sequencing like in the pic (even after stopping the turn signal, this side is always yellow while driving and the other one white. it was funny).
is it due to the wiring or something else? because the driver side is perfectly fine.

20220301_161738.jpg
I would be curious how they would act without the piggy backing of the harnesses and just plugging them in like stock. You wouldn't have the DRL function but maybe piggybacking is causing an issue.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I was really looking forward to picking up a set of these. Seems like quite a few headaches right now.

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I would be curious how they would act without the piggy backing of the harnesses and just plugging them in like stock. You wouldn't have the DRL function but maybe piggybacking is causing an issue.
I may try that ( removing the purple wire, easy access from the engine bay) later and I can share here.

I was really looking forward to picking up a set of these. Seems like quite a few headaches right now.
depends on the car year has hyperflashing but I'm not one of them. I think I have other simple issue especially I'm sure it's a wiring issue I made because needed to put the bumper back, which I can fix whenever I got time and will share what happens then.

edit: I haven't had this issue since I installed them 2 weeks ago

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I had a set ordered from Steeda and they emailed me saying they are still on backorder for 6-8 weeks so I canceled for now, maybe in a few months all the bugs will get worked out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I was interested in a set... until i read this post.. Whats the latest on the issue?
Good morning,

Our engineers have found a fix for the hyper flashing issue and it's currently under review by our entire engineering team!

When the information becomes available, I will check back in with another update.

Thank you for your patience and support!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Jayda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I had a set ordered from Steeda and they emailed me saying they are still on backorder for 6-8 weeks so I canceled for now, maybe in a few months all the bugs will get worked out.
I ordered a set from Steeda in November & keep getting told it'll be another 4 weeks, every 4 weeks. :crying:

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I may try that ( removing the purple wire, easy access from the engine bay) later and I can share here.

depends on the car year has hyperflashing but I'm not one of them. I think I have other simple issue especially I'm sure it's a wiring issue I made because needed to put the bumper back, which I can fix whenever I got time and will share what happens then.

edit: I haven't had this issue since I installed them 2 weeks ago
Did you get everything figured out? I got lucky clicking on CJPP yesterday and was able to snag a set on sale, out of stock again today on the whites but have the yellows. Mine shipped today so I should see them by Saturday.

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Did you get everything figured out? I got lucky clicking on CJPP yesterday and was able to snag a set on sale, out of stock again today on the whites but have the yellows. Mine shipped today so I should see them by Saturday.
didn't get time to do it yet but the hyperflashing disappeared with its own.
will update here anything happens

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I was lucky enough to click on CJPP at the right time Wednesday and snagged a pair of the Diode Dynamics Elite white fogs on sale for $339, they are OOS again but have the yellow fogs still. Anyways I got them today and had them installed in about 20 minutes. I bought these with no intention of using the DRL feature because I already run the RTR LED's as DRL's and didn't want to piggyback the harnesses. You DO NOT need to take off the bumper. Pull the wheel, pop out 5 push tabs from the fender lining, pull it back and you have 100% access to the light. Quality is top notch, packaging was overkill but loved it, there is no way these can get damaged during shipping unless it gets ran over or thrown out of the truck. Super bright white, black housing, left it on the U.S sequential mode and no hyper flash....knock on wood it doesn't come later!!

20220318_141133.jpg

20220318_141152.jpg

20220318_144729.jpg

20220318_144820.jpg
Sponsored