Sponsored

It's HERE! 🎉 Elite Series Sequential Foglight for 2018+ Ford Mustang | Diode Dynamics

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I was lucky enough to click on CJPP at the right time Wednesday and snagged a pair of the Diode Dynamics Elite white fogs on sale for $339, they are OOS again but have the yellow fogs still. Anyways I got them today and had them installed in about 20 minutes. I bought these with no intention of using the DRL feature because I already run the RTR LED's as DRL's and didn't want to piggyback the harnesses. You DO NOT need to take off the bumper. Pull the wheel, pop out 5 push tabs from the fender lining, pull it back and you have 100% access to the light. Quality is top notch, packaging was overkill but loved it, there is no way these can get damaged during shipping unless it gets ran over or thrown out of the truck. Super bright white, black housing, left it on the U.S sequential mode and no hyper flash....knock on wood it doesn't come later!!

20220318_141133.jpg

20220318_141152.jpg

20220318_144729.jpg

20220318_144820.jpg
so which wires you didn't connect? and auto switch light doesn't turn them on unless it's night?
Sponsored

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
so which wires you didn't connect? and auto switch light doesn't turn them on unless it's night?
All I did was plug them in like stock. They work just like the stock ones, so yes they will will come on at night. I left the harnesses in the box.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
All I did was plug them in like stock. They work just like the stock ones, so yes they will will come on at night. I left the harnesses in the box.
I have the kit waiting to be installed (got the yellow version since I had to wait longer for white and kinda felt having a different style might be nice)

Diode did reply to me about skipping the harness, they say it works fine as plug in play, and just warned me you lose the start up sequence, they said the start up animation is tied to the DRL thing.

but otherwise stock is just nice sequential turn signalling and regular fog light use?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I have the kit waiting to be installed (got the yellow version since I had to wait longer for white and kinda felt having a different style might be nice)

Diode did reply to me about skipping the harness, they say it works fine as plug in play, and just warned me you lose the start up sequence, they said the start up animation is tied to the DRL thing.

but otherwise stock is just nice sequential turn signalling anod regular fog light use?
Here's a quick vid of my start up without the harness. Not sure if there's supposed to be more than this. But yeah, plug and play works just like the stock light except sequential amber turn signal and bright white marker light. Unlock gives you the start up sequence, same when you start the car.

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a quick vid of my start up without the harness. Not sure if there's supposed to be more than this. But yeah, plug and play works just like the stock light except sequential amber turn signal and bright white marker light. First blip is locking, unlock gives you the start up sequence, same when you start the car.
you mean you are not getting the sequential sequence when turning? It just stays static? you have the switch correctly set to US?

I also do not see a video attached

Sponsored

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
you mean you are not getting the sequential sequence when turning? It just stays static? you have the switch correctly set to US?
I'm getting sequential amber and kept it on U.S setting. I'm trying to upload a vid of startup sequence.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Unfortunately, these lamps are not compatible with the Shelby GT350, GT350R, GT500, and Mach 1 models.
Alright, no worries. Thanks for the quick reply! Am enjoying the upgraded reverse bulb and smoked rear markers(actually haven’t installed the markers yet but am excited for them!)

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So then what does the additional wiring do?
Supposedly lets you have a solid white line always while driving like the three tribars on the headlights. then once signalling it turns off and switches to amber sequential and reverts back once your done turning.

skip the harness (will be off and just use turn signal portion)

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
🤔 hmmm.. I did that using forscan. My turn signals are my DRLs (along with the tri-bar accents up top).
my DRL are set to off now in my settings menu on the gauge panel, but when they were enabled, my fog lights are the DRL with stock turn signal lamps.
Sponsored