It's been a decade but I have a Mustang again

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
sweet ride, congrats! will you be attending Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA 6/4 - 6/6? i would like to gather several different colored 2021 mach1s together for a photo-shoot. hope to see you there.
Sponsored

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
Appearance package is only FJG. Handling package with any color.
Not sure why, but I was under the impression that the handling package was only FJG. So glad to hear it's not the case. That blue is spot on...not to mention would make a great partner for my Bronco :sunglasses:

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack
I haven't had time to get digging into the camber plate thing yet. I saw something in the book about some bolts that have to come out which frankly is a pain in the ass.

I already have some Pagid RSL29s inbound to my place, going to try and take it to the track night in America at Pitt Race on the 27th. Hopefully it doesn't rain.

Update on the steering much better with a very slight toe change. I suspected it was towed out I never even actually threw plates on it just to check I figured I would give it a whirl to just toe it in a little bit, I went one flat on each tie rod that's it. It's markedly better. My guess is the cars just aren't totally settled when they set the alignment and when it settles a little bit more I think it probably changes the toe setting a little too far out. I heard a similar thing from a friend with a GT350.

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Welcome back from the dark side, Sam! :crackup: Did you buy off the showroom floor or special order it? If you ordered, when did you order it?
I ordered it on January 5th it came in on April 1st if I remember correctly.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Velocity Blue looks great on the Mach 1! We need more pics.

Is yours a base or premium car?

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Update on the steering much better with a very slight toe change. I suspected it was towed out I never even actually threw plates on it just to check I figured I would give it a whirl to just toe it in a little bit, I went one flat on each tie rod that's it. It's markedly better. My guess is the cars just aren't totally settled when they set the alignment and when it settles a little bit more I think it probably changes the toe setting a little too far out. I heard a similar thing from a friend with a GT350.
Sam, did you adjust rear toe?

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Sam, did you adjust rear toe?
Front only. Haven't touched anything else yet. Although I did pull the michelin's off and put some RT660s on it. Not nearly as all over on less than perfect roads.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Gurney flap?

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Congrats -- great looking car and color. My only gripe with these is the wheel arch/well gap - those tires are too small of a diameter for those wheel arches/wells IMO. 305/35/19 would have looked better to help fill the gap; same complaint for the GT PP2 with 305/30/19s.

The 30 profile lowers the center of gravity...

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I haven't had time to get digging into the camber plate thing yet. I saw something in the book about some bolts that have to come out which frankly is a pain in the ass.

I already have some Pagid RSL29s inbound to my place, going to try and take it to the track night in America at Pitt Race on the 27th. Hopefully it doesn't rain.

Do you have any details for the Nubie/Weenie in the crowd about such adjustments?

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Gurney flap?
It's on now. Wasn't installed in the photos because the splitter extension didn't come in. I was going to leave it off until it did and then I just screw it and slapped it on.

I'm kind of booth eagerly anticipating its arrival and in a strange way, not. It's certainly going to make getting in and out of certain places a little more difficult including my own driveway. But I know it's functional, and I know it looks badass.

jpboats

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think your steering might be due to tram lining, my 19 bullitt does this a lot. It follows contours of the road like crazy. Just a thought

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I think your steering might be due to tram lining, my 19 bullitt does this a lot. It follows contours of the road like crazy. Just a thought
Absolutely. When I added a little bit of toe in it helped a ton. You might want to check yours. I've been doing things with alignments and toe settings and autocrossing and track and stuff for years and it was pretty apparent that that's what was going on. In fact it was so apparent I literally put one wrench flat of toe in on each side I didn't even bother measuring it because I was so positive, And I wanted to see if I was right. And it got better. And it doesn't matter because I have an alignment next week anyway so I figured I'd try it and if it didn't work I'd just take it back out
Sponsored