It's been a decade but I have a Mustang again

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack
Lots of things have transpired over the last year especially, but as of yesterday I am the owner of a velocity blue Mach 1 with handling package. Number 1600.

Unfortunately the splitter extension didn't show up, that's going to be shipped to me. But I ran down to Asheboro Ford in North Carolina and snagged it on Monday, 575 mi as I pulled into my garage from work tonight.

Most recently out of a SS 1LE. I liked a lot of things about that car, I also hated a few things about it a lot. And it was just time to completely change course. The only bitch I have with this thing so far is the steering, but I think honestly that is more down to alignment. I suspect it is slightly toed out. It was kind of a pain to drive on twisty roads that I didn't know quite well. Roads that I know really well that I could pick up the pace and really hustle it it acquitted itself very well.

Inbound to my place are some Pagid RSL29 pads, some JLT oil separators, and freaking hood struts because it's 2021!

Much easier to drive around daily much easier to get in and out of than the Camaro. I don't think that's a surprise to anybody. Hoping I don't have any of the electrical gremlins that plagued my 2011 5.0. fingers extremely crossed.
Sponsored

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
Congratulations, post some picks when you get a chance.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Lots of things have transpired over the last year especially, but as of yesterday I am the owner of a velocity blue Mach 1 with handling package. Number 1600.

Unfortunately the splitter extension didn't show up, that's going to be shipped to me. But I ran down to Asheboro Ford in North Carolina and snagged it on Monday, 575 mi as I pulled into my garage from work tonight.

Most recently out of a SS 1LE. I liked a lot of things about that car, I also hated a few things about it a lot. And it was just time to completely change course. The only bitch I have with this thing so far is the steering, but I think honestly that is more down to alignment. I suspect it is slightly toed out. It was kind of a pain to drive on twisty roads that I didn't know quite well. Roads that I know really well that I could pick up the pace and really hustle it it acquitted itself very well.

Inbound to my place are some Pagid RSL29 pads, some JLT oil separators, and freaking hood struts because it's 2021!

Much easier to drive around daily much easier to get in and out of than the Camaro. I don't think that's a surprise to anybody. Hoping I don't have any of the electrical gremlins that plagued my 2011 5.0. fingers extremely crossed.
Enjoy your new ride!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Beautiful color with the handling package! What specifically about the steering do you not like?

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Nice choice. Would be great to hear some more details how the actual driving of the M1 HP is against the 1LE.

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful color with the handling package! What specifically about the steering do you not like?
I think it's the alignment. It just isn't linear most of the time. But it came good when I really started hustling the car. That's pretty typical of cars with toe out. And yes I'm aware of the tires it's on. I'm very used to that having been through about a zillion Hoosiers in my life. Also I have other cars that came on the same type or even model tire and they don't tend to be so hyperactive at times. I'm going to try and get at least a set of toe plates on it until I can actually we get it on a rack and see if my suspicions are right. I talked to a friend with a GT350 and he said his car was toed out as well and tweaking that made it a lot better.

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Nice choice. Would be great to hear some more details how the actual driving of the M1 HP is against the 1LE.
All opinions at this point are street only and of course have to do more with things we all know about visibility and stuff like that.

Well I have certain issues with the gen 6 platform, none of them revolve around it being a poor performer. I'll be happy if this car is equal to that. Ford had plenty of time to study the 1LE. And by all accounts the GT350 especially with the geometry changes a couple years ago really got good. And this thing has what I believe to be an excellent combination of parts bin engineering including a bunch of the GT350 and even some GT500 stuff as I understand it.

Couple years back I was looking at a PP2. The thing that really scared me off of that was that stupid transmission. So problem solved here.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Welcome back from the dark side, Sam! :crackup: Did you buy off the showroom floor or special order it? If you ordered, when did you order it?

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Beautiful car and great choice! I, too, am looking forward to hearing more of your comparison of the 1LE.

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
Wait, I'm confused...I thought the handling package only came in jfg? This would be my perfect color combo if it was available with the handling pack. Did you just order stuff separately, or what am I missing?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Wait, I'm confused...I thought the handling package only came in jfg? This would be my perfect color combo if it was available with the handling pack. Did you just order stuff separately, or what am I missing?
Appearance package is only FJG. Handling package with any color.

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
Looks like a great car! And it appears there will be quite a few in the Pittsburgh area (Mach 1 HP cars). Make sure to take the 3 bolts out of the strut top before you get it on a rack so the camber plates move. I think the strut needs dropped for that.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
And it appears there will be quite a few in the Pittsburgh area (Mach 1 HP cars).
...which is ironic considering the crappy weather and cold temps will keep us from being able to run those Cup 2’s for half the year!
Sponsored