It was a pleasure, but no more Mustang for me

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Enjoy your new ride! :like:

Deleted member 56911

Should've picked up a 2020+ Shelby. 350 if you need to roll through your gears. 500 if you enjoy speed.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
It’s funny I’m not crazy about the new Supra when I see it in pics but in the flesh it is dead sexy. Nice car op love the red interior too. :)

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Enjoy! Almost bought the Supra but decided on the Bullitt. Wanting a rear seat (though small), Trunk, and being able to roll down the windows crossed the Supra off my list. I was also not thrilled with the spartan gauge cluster options, but it was an absolute blast to drive and has such great presence.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Should've picked up a 2020+ Shelby. 350 if you need to roll through your gears. 500 if you enjoy speed.
I'm sure he'd be happy to do so, if you're willing to write the check.

And FYI, Supras come with manuals now.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Looks good but you still need a mustang but they're too high now wait till everything goes down in price lol

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Out of curiosity I searched cargurus and there’s only 1 manual available in the US. Anyone know the reason behind that?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Welp it's understandable, the frustration of too much waiting. btw I didn't know the Supra was mostly BMW?? " The new Supra, in case you somehow aren't already aware, is essentially a BMW Z4 underneath. It uses BMW parts, a BMW interior, and a BMW drivetrain. It's powered by a BMW-sourced B58 twin-turbo straight-six. The same straight-six can also be found in the M440i xDrive."

Sponsored

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Welp it's understandable, the frustration of too much waiting. btw I didn't know the Supra was mostly BMW?? " The new Supra, in case you somehow aren't already aware, is essentially a BMW Z4 underneath. It uses BMW parts, a BMW interior, and a BMW drivetrain. It's powered by a BMW-sourced B58 twin-turbo straight-six. The same straight-six can also be found in the M440i xDrive."
Ironically I was just reading this. Not sure how to look at this. I guess it’s a good thing considering BMW is considered to be in a “higher class,” but is this an admission from Toyota that they can’t compete in this segment without the help of a hired gun?

Last edited:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Congrats

I bought a GTI and I never drive the Mustang anymore so I’m debating on selling. The GTI just works better for me being a musician and that hatchback. its Pretty quick and handles really well. It’s also smaller and easy to park. Just a real fun car to drive.

The problem is that every time I take the Mustang out for a drive I’m like “this car is awesome.“ :shock:

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Out of curiosity I searched cargurus and there’s only 1 manual available in the US. Anyone know the reason behind that?
The 6 speed manual will be on the 2023 Supra model. Production for the 2023’s just started in July with expected deliveries starting in October to the dealers. That’s why there aren’t any listed on Cargurus . The one that is listed probably isn’t even built yet.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Ironically I was just reading this. Not sure how to look at this. I guess it’s a good thing considering BMW is considered to be in a “higher class,” but is this an admission from Toyota that they can’t compete in this segment without the help of a hired gun?
I think Toyota wanted a straight 6 for the Supra. IMHO, I think it was cheaper for Toyota to buy the power plant from BMW than develop a new engine in-house. For Toyota to make a in-house engine economical to produce it would have to go into a few different models. I don’t think they have another model it could fit in. This is why the Coyote and LS power plants are “cheap”, Ford and GM stick them in different models.
Sponsored