Sponsored

It’s coming... 3 States have now banned future combustion engine car sales

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the biggest issue is overpopulation imo.
this is a problem only in poor as heck countries. If you look at world population trends most countries are heading down, dangerously so - insurance/social security/retirement are all ponzi schemes predicated on an ever increasing members. Flip the script and they all implode.. Why are places like Germany deliberately importing millions of socially destructive "immigrants" from shit-hole countries? "liberalism" aside, they need the workforce to underwrite the ponzi.

The aggregate world population is still increasing, sure. It's increasing because modern medicine is allowing people to live who previously would have died in these countries. This despite the best efforts of unending civil strife, rampaging death squads and tribal murder sprees, and farming/food supply stability that is hardly better than the stone age.

The best way to control human population is to bring freedom and property rights to the world. With freedom comes industry, with industry comes personal wealth. With wealth comes a quick drop in the procreation rate.

We've already seen what forced sterilization or child limits causes. That is never the answer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This is not political, it’s market driven.
Hello; This was a entertaining post. First you claim the move to electric cars is not political, then go on to prove just how political the mandates are.

Market driven? Ha ha, I don't think you understand that phrase. Markets mean people buy what they want. Markets don't mean that overreaching governments dictate what people can and can't buy.
Hello; This is on point.

What's hilarious about these dumb-ass state-level pronouncements written by ignoramuses is what do they expect will be done with all the gasoline that results from cracking?
Hello; Yes to this. Early on before someone figured a way to use it gasoline was considered a waste byproduct of refining the crude oil and thrown away. Yes the bulk of crude is used for transportation but a lot of critical products are made from crude. Things our modern lifestyle cannot do without.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hello; This was a entertaining post. First you claim the move to electric cars is not political, then go on to prove just how political the mandates are.

Hello; This is on point.

Hello; Yes to this. Early on before someone figured a way to use it gasoline was considered a waste byproduct of refining the crude oil and thrown away. Yes the bulk of crude is used for transportation but a lot of critical products are made from crude. Things our modern lifestyle cannot do without.
I thought about it a little more and realized he didn't say "free markets", so maybe I was wrong with my first post. I did feel that the way he phrased it he correlated government mandates to people somehow freely wanting those things, though. The truth of it is a lot more ugly.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I thought about it a little more and realized he didn't say "free markets", so maybe I was wrong with my first post. I did feel that the way he phrased it he correlated government mandates to people somehow freely wanting those things, though. The truth of it is a lot more ugly.
Hello; Yes you have a point. I am beginning to think the jumble of the meanings and use of basic terms is part of the confusion. I sort of understand a particular "why" this could be. Back some years before I quit teaching there was a change in the way we teachers had to approach correcting student work. The basic idea was to always try to find some positive thing in a students work and to always ignore the parts that were incorrect. If a student handed in a paper which was 90% incorrect we were to find and praise the 10% that was correct. Add this on top of the already established "social promotion". What it wound up being was students doing a task in what ever way they decided to do and we had to act like it was OK. I have wondered how students manage when they leave school and run across a boss who wants a job done a specific way, not just any way the student feels like.

I am currently active in another thread on this site. The one about student loan forgiveness. I discovered something recently. For lots of posts the discussion has been about the proposals to "forgive" federal student loan debt. For all my life I have understood the term "forgive," when applied to a debt, to be specifically about canceling an owed debt. Forgiveness being a technical term specific to debt and loans. In that thread one member was apparently thinking of the term "forgiveness" in the sense of the borrower having done something "wrong".

There is another use of the word to forgive to be sure. It will be hard to have productive conversations if we do not have common meanings for terms. Market ,free market and forgiveness can have different meanings depending on the context. may I suggest that for the subject of this thread the terms "market" and "free market" be the same in context.

Last edited:

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I especially agree with your comment regarding Amazon. All we’re doing by propping up Amazon is ultimately signing our own death warrant in giving China more power over our (once great) Republic. It’s sad to see so many post a link to Amazon when in the want to buy something online. Yeah, Prime shipping is convenient but at what cost? Same is true of Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. These are not organizations friendly to the patriotic American.
I saw some patriots doing some pretty bad things two weeks ago. So much so that no one is allowed in DC this week.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Edit: I was replying to a post that has been deleted. Not to sk47.
Point being? Paint with a broad brush much?

Last edited:

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Point being? Paint with a broad brush much?
If you don't get it I won't try to explain. Not worth my time. Sorry to offend you. I served 26 years in the military. I hated to see the violence at our (all of us) American Capital. I couldn't give a shit who did it, on either side, it wasn't right. I could give 3 shits who is better than who also. This my last post on this bullshit. So I will not engage you anymore on this.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to Joe and his mafia crew, the good ol USA will become
one big autonomous zone..

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't get it I won't try to explain. Not worth my time. Sorry to offend you. I served 26 years in the military. I hated to see the violence at our (all of us) American Capital. I couldn't give a shit who did it, on either side, it wasn't right. I could give 3 shits who is better than who also. This my last post on this bullshit. So I will not engage you anymore on this.
So you’re here to let us know that you served, were offended by the actions of some people (whom you’re suggesting were all patriots) and will not add anything more in the subject? Gee...thanks for your $0.02. No worries though, I won’t ask what your definition of ‘patriot’ is.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hated to see the violence at our (all of us) American Capital
soooo, what was the looting and burning that occurred inauguration night in 2017? And the perps were left off with charges dropped? Or maybe you missed the speeches given on the steps of the Capital leading up to and on Inauguration day? Or the messages on shirts worn that day, or the severed head effigies? Or the riots and property damage and fires in DC earlier in 2020 for weeks on end that not a single Democrat said "boo" about let alone "knock it off"?

If you're gonna buttress your opinion based on 26yr of serving in the military, you might want a quick refresher in modern history, 2020 edition. And what does it say about a newly 'seated' head of state if they actually anticipate a shit-ton of people marching in protest or perhaps engaging in acts of physical protest? That maybe for some reason they don't have the support and consent of the governed? I can't imagine why ~50% of the electorate smells a very big rat. :)

Last edited:

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
I don't get this whole electrification of all transportation. It's like all these people think electricity is free, comes out of thin air and it's creation has 0 pollution. Until we can create electricity safely, cleanly and efficiently, this will all just be a transition to a different type of pollution. Instead of it coming of out the tailpipes, the same pollution is going to come out of dirty power plants, dirty mines and dirty battery plants.

My bet is that in 20-30 years there will be a whole slew of new environmentalists out there bitching about how dirty and dangerous (in the case of nuclear) the electricity and batteries are.
Yeah...No. Especially not in California. Tremendous wealth and engineering resources mixed with hopelessly out of touch law making.
Your argument would only make sense if the state would reverse it's 'ban it now' stance on all nuclear. No renewable energy can supply the grid at its current demand level steadily.

Edit.

LiH batteries are extremely dirty.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My paranoia and cynicism says that once ICEs are outlawed they will start saying that electric is bad too and go on to the next thing. The idea is to suck money and freedom away from the people.

It's like the change from 8 tracks to cassettes to CDs to computer memory and now to not owning the music but rather renting it. Yes, some of those were real upgrades, so it's not the perfect example, but it gives you the idea of what they are doing in my opinion.

You are being forced to spend money on something meaningless to transfer your money to the huge corporations that are controlling the world.

It has nothing to do with environmentalism. It's just big industry and corrupt politicians in action.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Especially not in California. Tremendous wealth and engineering resources mixed with hopelessly out of touch law making.
I'll take Commie-fornia seriously when they are not only self-sufficient on water, but generating so much damn electricity they are exporting it to all their neighbors. Currently all they export is their citizens, and computer software written by, and farm produce picked by, wage-slaves from 3rd world countries.

Last edited: