Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys having an issue with clicking in the left rear lower control arm bearing. Anyone know how I can stop this? I sprayed it with WD-40 and the clicking went away so I confirmed that the bearing is the issue. I performed this test by using a jack to move the control arm up and down simulating what I hear while driving.

I had them professionally installed by a local speed shop and had no issue till about a week later when this started happening.

while driving it has become almost unbearable...

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
It only clicks on that side? I'm wondering if you could make sure everything is torqued to spec especially the LCA.

I'm sure BMR would help you in the morning too.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! I checked and didnt fix it...seems like its binding.

Hoping they have seen this issue and know what the remedy could be.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks! I checked and didnt fix it...seems like its binding.

Hoping they have seen this issue and know what the remedy could be.
Actually, I have not seen this issue yet. :confused:

Feel free to shoot me a call to discuss.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Actually, I have not seen this issue yet. :confused:

Feel free to shoot me a call to discuss.

Thanks!
Hey thank you for the prompt response. i tired shooting you a call earlier but you were out to lunch. Ill shoot you my contact info and hopfully we can find a resolution.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Kelly is the man. He should be able to help fix you right up.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
Was an issue identified and how was it fixed?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread but what was the resolution. Thanks.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Old thread but what was the resolution. Thanks.
Unfortunately, no. I have just been adding wheel bering grease to them and Trying to push iit in to the bearing best I can. helps for a little while but always comes back. Super annoying

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, no. I have just been adding wheel bering grease to them and Trying to push iit in to the bearing best I can. helps for a little while but always comes back. Super annoying
Well that’s not good. I just installed the BK055 this weekend and it drove great but after 20 minutes or so I started to hear the binding/creaking noise coming from the left rear. I can reproduce it just by bouncing the car using the trunk opening. You can hear it outside the car too and it’s embarrassing.

When I got home, I was able to tighten the bolt for the left RLCA a bit but when I lowered the car back down off the jack, it was still making the sound. So I loosened the bolt slightly and the noise went away. Took it for a drive and same thing the noise came back after 20 minutes or so.

So you are ust packing grease in it? How long does that last before having to add more? This sucks.

17gt3black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Yes I fixed mine. No way I was gonna be driving around with that clicking pooping noise. I put car on ramps with it under load I loosen it took a pry bar it centered it self took me about 3 tries but. No more noise or grease. It’s beens months now. If you crack it loose you drive you will find it’s gone pull back in and re torqued. Think it was a 24mm swivel socket

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I fixed mine. No way I was gonna be driving around with that clicking pooping noise. I put car on ramps with it under load I loosen it took a pry bar it centered it self took me about 3 tries but. No more noise or grease. It’s beens months now. If you crack it loose you drive you will find it’s gone pull back in and re torqued. Think it was a 24mm swivel socket
Just so I understand correctly, while up on ramps, you loosened and then retorqued the RLCA bolt? Also, while you had it loose, you used a pry bar to straighten/index the bearing before tightening it back down?

When you said it took you 3 tries, was that the whole process above took 3 tries before the noise went away or was it after using the pry bar it took 3 tries to tighten it back down and keep the bearing straight?

Thanks for the help!

17gt3black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Correct. If you really look at both sides I could see that the spacer wasn’t pulling flush to the frame. On mine it was towards the front passenger side that I could see it. Sry. It’s the 4th and have had a few.
I could put a .2th feeler gauge on the 1 side of spacer to frame.
3 times to get perfect hopefully this saves someone getting it right the 1st. Time.
As long as you get those spacers flush. It should be good. It looks like when I took mine out it slightly bent the frame ear when I was pulling that side out it was where the nut was welded on.

Last edited:

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It is indeed tricky to get to but it will make all kinds of weird noises if it’s not torqued properly.
0E621473-5181-4A1B-8C02-F8ABDB5E731B.jpeg
Sponsored