Sponsored

Issue with August/September build 2016 cars. Anyone seen this?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My 2016 has not arrived yet, but after looking over a handful of cars at 2 different dealers I've noticed a consistent issue with 5-6 different cars. The affected cars are all 2016 models with very recent build dates. On the inside edge of the driver side rear fender (toward the rear close to where the quarter panel meets the rear bumper), there is what appears to be some sort of foam insulation that butts up against the inside edge of the panel that is present when the panel is painted. Several cars had this foam peeled off that leaves a rough edge in the paint that looks like it may chip or peel at some point. Have any of you guys noticed this on your cars?
Sponsored

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
You need to get us a picture manbearpig. I haven't noticed this one.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
My 2016 has not arrived yet, but after looking over a handful of cars at 2 different dealers I've noticed a consistent issue with 5-6 different cars. The affected cars are all 2016 models with very recent build dates. On the inside edge of the driver side rear fender (toward the rear close to where the quarter panel meets the rear bumper), there is what appears to be some sort of foam insulation that butts up against the inside edge of the panel that is present when the panel is painted. Several cars had this foam peeled off that leaves a rough edge in the paint that looks like it may chip or peel at some point. Have any of you guys noticed this on your cars?
YUp this was already discussed on this forumn.. its fine...even 2015 had them
Sponsored