Sponsored

Is your 350 rotting before your very eyes, like mine?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
the paint tech is there. Ford just refuses to use it, and if they do use it, they do such a bad job of it since they don't care about quality just cost, they mis-use it.
I don’t know first hand if this is true but I believe it is.
I was in the automotive repair industry for about the last 15 years. Waterborne paints are required now in many an AQMD, especially here in California.
The old timers were reluctant to use it but it’s turned out to be quite good. Europe had many years of positive use before it came here from what I was told.
Without going on and on, it seems every time we get new regulations, someone comes up with an ever better alternative to previous “best”.
As shogun32 stated, the technology is there. It’s all about cost.
Curious if cars that were built then shipped to a desert climate and live there are having the same problem.
I know for a fact that wheels from some manufacturers experienced corrosion issues in certain parts of the country, read salted roads and salty air. Never an issue here in most of California.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Curious if cars that were built then shipped to a desert climate and live there are having the same problem.
I know for a fact that wheels from some manufacturers experienced corrosion issues in certain parts of the country, read salted roads and salty air. Never an issue here in most of California.
Nothing corrodes in a desert climate - especially if it's stored indoors. You could have bare metal on your car and still any corrosion would occur very slowly.

jrpav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '71 Mach 1, '00 SLK-230, '73 Opel GT
Amazing. Leave it to Ford to find a way to make new aluminum panels look just like old steel panels on a Rustang.

OK, I know this all sucks but if you guys want to feel better I'll post some pic's of my '71 Mach 1. You wanna see corrosion and paint problems...
Sponsored