Sponsored

Is your 3" exhaust too loud or drones too much? Try this

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
I too had a loud exhaust. I did 2M catless headers and paired with a full 3" AWE touring exhaust the inside drone and noise was just too much but I didn't want to do bottle resonators or high flow cats.

That led me on a search. I know Magnaflow does some resonated X's but nobody seems to do much with 3". Thats when I found the Jones 3" resonated X. It is a true X design inside. I bolted this bad boy up with is 24" long I believe and lines up perfectly with many H or X pipe designs so no need to have to do much fab work. It killed all the excess noise but leaving me with a full 3" straight through exhaust. For $50, its probably the best bang for buck on the market.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-mf2469/overview/
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The link is to a muffler.

That’s a pretty cheap solution though and nice it’s a true X.

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
The link is to a muffler.

That’s a pretty cheap solution though and nice it’s a true X.
I wouldn't say its a muffler, it doesn't really have chambers. I can see the X pipe design inside and the perforated holes that allow all the unwanted sound to get trapped inside the resonator. Big reason 3" bottle resonators don't work well is they don't have the packing necessary to dampen the noise. This was the best option after Solo Performance told me they wanted $400 for their mid section.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
So it fits where the aftermarket X-pipe goes? Or use as ? Muffler's?

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
So it fits where the aftermarket X-pipe goes? Or use as ? Muffler's?
yes. It lines up perfectly with aftermarket headers like 2M. Add some 3” tubing on the back side and you have a replacement for you H or X pipe.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wouldn't say its a muffler, it doesn't really have chambers. I can see the X pipe design inside and the perforated holes that allow all the unwanted sound to get trapped inside the resonator. Big reason 3" bottle resonators don't work well is they don't have the packing necessary to dampen the noise. This was the best option after Solo Performance told me they wanted $400 for their mid section.
Got it. Summit just has the wrong image representing that particular items.

I do see if you scroll down it describes a dual in/out setup and a Summit tech confirms its a "X" configuration internally.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
@speedsun I have 17 base gt wth the Awe touring catback. The 2M headers you got, did they connect directly to your catback? If not, can you let me know what I need to bolt these up the Awe catback?
Edit: grr, I seemed to have lost the link to the headers, had them in my watch list...anyway you can shoot me the link for the headers? I hope they aren't the "chef" style I keep hearing about.
Where in Florida are you?
Sorry for the amount of ?'s.

OP
OP

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
@speedsun I have 17 base gt wth the Awe touring catback. The 2M headers you got, did they connect directly to your catback? If not, can you let me know what I need to bolt these up the Awe catback?
Edit: grr, I seemed to have lost the link to the headers, had them in my watch list...anyway you can shoot me the link for the headers? I hope they aren't the "chef" style I keep hearing about.
Where in Florida are you?
Sorry for the amount of ?'s.
https://shop.2mfabrication.com/product/2015-2019-mustang-gt-5-0-catless-long-tube-headers-1-7-8

You will need to hack off the old crimped down portion to mate up to 3" and add some extensions pieces but thats it.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Thanks for the link. So would I still need the extensions if I added what you did to quiet it down?
Sponsored