Sponsored

Is this the most powerful UK Mustang?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if you're spending that kinda money you buy an aston martin vantage not a mustang
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
seen this video a few weeks ago, forgot about it til now. BIt more than 850 but do we believe any of the figures ha

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Personally it's not for me and crikey that sort of money buys some epic cars. Almost guaranteed that whoever buys these also has many other cars along with bucket loads of spare cash.

Regarding LHD I agree, not particularly enjoyable on UK roads, done the opposite RHD in Europe and whilst okay with it, I didn't enjoy driving, more of a means to an end.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
One upside of LHD is that you get to use everything - gear lever, navi, music, climate control, the lot - with your right hand. Which, unless you happen to be left-handed, is a welcome feature, especially in this day and age of touch screens and complex user interfaces.

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
One upside of LHD is that you get to use everything - gear lever, navi, music, climate control, the lot - with your right hand. Which, unless you happen to be left-handed, is a welcome feature, especially in this day and age of touch screens and complex user interfaces.
if you've grown up with RHD then gear shifts with your left hand aint an issue. Touch screens for climate control, utter disaster no matter what side the driver is on. Dials and sliders all the way, can be done er by touch rather than having to look away from the road and fudge about on a screen. A bit 25W headlights, completely unsafe yet completely legal if not mandated. Pah!

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Touch screens for climate control, utter disaster no matter what side the driver is on. Dials and sliders all the way, can be done er by touch rather than having to look away from the road and fudge about on a screen.
That's so true. But alas, touch screens are here to stay, whether we like it or not. :frown:
Besides, alternative input methods, like the BMW iDrive, or the Mercedes joystick, whatever it's called, or the touchpad used in Audis, or the Lexus mouse, they're all awkward to use with your left hand. And to be honest they aren't much better than the touch screen anyway. Come to think of it, I prefer the touch screen, all things considered.

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
That's so true. But alas, touch screens are here to stay, whether like it or not. :frown:
Besides, alternative input methods, like the BMW iDrive, or the Mercedes joystick, whatever it's called, or the touchpad used in Audis, or the Lexus mouse, they're all awkward to use with your left hand. And to be honest they aren't much better than the touch screen anyway. Come to think of it, I prefer the touch screen, all things considered.
very true re the new styles though I think the new Supra has dials and buttons :)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nothing more alien for a Brit than shifting a manual with your right hand, even if you're right handed! Driven my fair share of LHD in Europe and it does get easier, but always feels wrong lol

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I find it really easy to switch to lhd when renting on holiday, to be honest after 2 weeks abroad it takes just as long to get used to rhd again. If I had to choose I would prefer lhd in a lhd country rather than rhd in a rhd country as I find it slightly easier to operate the screens as a right handed person. Pre screens I would have been ambivalent.
Agreed, touch screens are the biggest step back in vehicle safety ever. The only input method that’s any good is the bmw I drive style of control. Even then the more modern ones are too complex for my liking.

I remember a girlfriend 20 yrs ago used to drive while texting on her mobile, occasionally looking at the road and it terrified me no end… these days it’s normal with all the massive screens replacing a phone.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
so potentially for dials and buttons for the heater controls we just need the base radio... so sat nav or heater controls via button......
edit thinking about it - thats the heated and cooled seats switchgear where those dials are?
Yes, the heated and cooled seats are missing. Also, there seems to be no automatic climate control, it's all entirely manual.
It's nice. I like it. I wouldn't mind it being manual; I could live perfectly fine with it. I could even live without the cooled seats, given that they barely work anyway. But I would surely miss the heated seats.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
iDrive in modern BMWs (2015 onwards) with the circular control in the centre console along with the displays position is so easy to use, far better and safer. The Mustangs sync 3 is at best an after thought, poorly designed and pretty crap for a £50k plus car. Stereo is decent enough although it lacks depth.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!

OMG the noise of this! 😍 and it's manual too!
Think the exhaust system is by XForce and their prices for the race cat headers is pretty good at around £1250!

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
yep thats a nice sound indeed. Mmm my varex (xForce active style) exhaust doesn't sound like that lol mind you having the stock manifolds and CAT's in place wont help. Nor the resonator box. Sigh..

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hhmmm. Vented wings and bonnet... WANT!

But how, from whom?
Sponsored