• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is this the first S650 test mule?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also interesting that the "thing" on the passenger front wheel was either added or removed at some point and yet the spy photographer was there to capture it with and without. As this particular car has no bodywork changes, the camo actually has the opposite effect it usually has......usually they want to confuse the eye so you can't see the changes, but here the camo actually attracts the eye to the test equipment. In other words, its as if Ford wanted this to be spotted!
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Also interesting that the "thing" on the passenger front wheel was either added or removed at some point and yet the spy photographer was there to capture it with and without. As this particular car has no bodywork changes, the camo actually has the opposite effect it usually has......usually they want to confuse the eye so you can't see the changes, but here the camo actually attracts the eye to the test equipment. In other words, its as if Ford wanted this to be spotted!
Remember that last time they added odd turn signals on their Mach 1 mules 😅

Maybe what we see here is the rumored hybrid that has electric power on the front wheels.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, I sometimes wonder if Team Mustang just do this sort of thing to mess with my head :crazy:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
With regards those turn signals..........it did cross my mind these could be very early S650 mules. Perhaps S650 will have the turn signals higher up (although it's be cooler if they were in the headlamps housing.........that's one of the things I do like about the Mach E!!!).

Remember, our first look at an S550 mule was this S197 with the S550's fuel flap covered up......although this mule did have IRS under it too.

S650 Mustang Is this the first S650 test mule? S650 Prototype 1
S650 Mustang Is this the first S650 test mule? S550 Prototype 1

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
If you'll recall, Ford did the same with the S197 platform during early development of the S550.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That front wheel sensor could have something to do with a measurement regarding a front battery (again assuming it goes hybrid with the battery powering the front wheels and the V8 the rear wheels). Maybe some kind of suspension measurement to see how the extra front weight is affecting ride?

NoVaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Remember, our first look at an S550 mule was this S197 with the S550's fuel flap covered up......although this mule did have IRS under it too.
S550 Prototype 1.jpg
You're saying the car in the picture above has the S550's IRS and fuel filler door?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Remember that last time they added odd turn signals on their Mach 1 mules 😅

Maybe what we see here is the rumored hybrid that has electric power on the front wheels.
I’d be willing to bet that the device is measuring wheel speed from an independent power source to calibrate wheel speeds... aka, hybrid setup.

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Why does it have camouflage? Doesn’t look any different than a S550. It’s bringing more attention to itself with the camouflage.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Yeah, these were the first S650 mules caught on camera? The red early 2020 shots are a mystery to me though. At that point, S650 design was barely being signed off on (final choice made) and wasn't even locked in (freeze) I imagine .

It was locked in only some months ago, during the pandemic. One thing about that sculpture is, it's not going to have all the details of the production vehicle.

That's very deliberate.
Sponsored