Is this the fastest stock GT500?

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
So which one is you? I’m not sure if I’m the screaming kid or the other one. I hope I’m the kid because I wouldn’t want to be know as the guy who carries a purse.

I made no mention of the word “aftermarket”, and yet, you posted again. Thanks for proving my point, let it go already.

But since we all know you cannot help yourself, I’ll expect your next post to be the pointless list of Ford Performance parts.

This thread is the definition of insanity. Posting the same thing over, and over, and over again, and expecting different results.

I’m out. Keep arguing to yourself so you can further validate your opinion.
Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I made no mention of the word “aftermarket”, and yet, you posted again. Thanks for proving my point, let it go already.

But since we all know you cannot help yourself, I’ll expect your next post to be the pointless list of Ford Performance parts.

This thread is the definition of insanity. Posting the same thing over, and over, and over again, and expecting different results.

I’m out. Keep arguing to yourself so you can further validate your opinion.
I’m sorry my post was a little mean, sorry about that. I’m out too. I think I have made a pretty good case for my side and really have no wish to cause trouble here.

Thanks for all the feedback I get your points too. Nothing but respect for you guys. God bless.

For the record I do hope one day to own a 13-14 gt500, my favorite modern mustang.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
For the record I do hope one day to own a 13-14 gt500, my favorite modern mustang.
CL: Much as I hate to say it, there will be a '14 for sale pretty soon down here in South Texas. :-) I sure do love that car but this new one well, I think it's going to top the '14 in every respect and I'm not going to miss the clutch. <bigger grin>

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Just to be clear the crate does not per say make the car non street legal, race PCM installed is street legal. Yes I know you can put race gas in most cars, point is the demon was designed to run it, I mean it’s so clear dodge could not sell the car with that PCM, for one it would not meet EPA standards to sell. The demon is the only stock car that can be non or street legal at the push of a button. I think your comment was very revealing, some of you guys just can’t take the fact the there is faster American cars out there than the gt500. Your “Face it the gt500 is the new king” quote is simply not true, the demon, zr1, and Tesla p100d all have faster 1/4 mile time as of now than the Gt500. To say otherwise is simply untrue. Look I love the gt500 it’s a great car, This o the cobra jet is just like the demon on the crate is so silly, can you drive the CJ to the strip put on OEM stock parts, run a 9 and then drive the car home? Of course not. At the end of the day I’m not that caring about what you guys think, The demon was certified stock by the NHRA, the most prominent drag racing group in the country.
Fastest stock power car on stock tires is 9.68, fastest stock power car with a wheel and tire swap is 9.57, fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped plus a light battery is 9.55, and the fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped with a striped interior is 9.50 at 141.

I can post links to all these if you don’t believe me.
No its not. Stock demon record is 10.4 crate is aftermarket

See that, Dodge says so:
20200130_114156.jpg

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Me, they keep posting after me, I guess they can’t let it go. Them, he keeps posting after us I guess he can’t let it go. Which one is right? I suspect both.

Look I’m not spouting some new idea here, the idea that parts that are OE developed and built for a car are stock parts is all over the internet and backed up with plenty of sources. Look at it this way suppose you want to get from Arkansas to New Mexico but if you drive through Oklahoma they will sue you, never mind why it doesn’t matter. So in order to be legal you take the longer route and drive through Texas, that’s what Doge did with the demon they could not sell the crate parts on the car so they sold them as an option to demon buyers as “aftermarket” to keep from getting sued.

At the end of the day if parts are OE developed, VIN specific to each car and covered by the warranty, they’re stock parts no matter what loophole a company used to sell them. I don’t care if they were made by Dodge, Ford GM, Honda, Tesla, or any other company.

Like I said before Ford does the same thing with FP parts, some of FP parts are 100% OEM stock and are listed as aftermarket.

I don’t think this is an opinion, I think it’s supported by plenty of rock solid facts. All respect to you guys, and this will be my last post.

Disclaimer.

It will not be my last post if any of the above members of M6G, or new members who have not posted in this thread yet respond with more but Dodge calls it aftermarket comments. If they do my next post will be a very long list of FP OE parts that Ford calls aftermarket. You have been warned.
Oh no, the horror!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SergeyMelnik

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
O
Hell, this GT500 may not be stock by the strict definition but it gives you an idea what a stock GT500 could do.

GT500 with CFTP is considered stock.
It comes with:
-rear seat delete
-resonator delete
Wait wait wait a second here. I didn't know the ctfp has the resonator removed from the factory.

So this gt500 in the video had the resonator removed and a seat removed yet it's not considered stock but it's ok for a demon to have the same seat removed and a number of mods installed from a crate and that is totally 100 percent stock?

OP
OP
SergeyMelnik

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Also if the crate was stock it wouldn't cost any money. There is a reason it costs a dollar.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No its not. Stock demon record is 10.4 crate is aftermarket

See that, Dodge says so:
20200130_114156.jpg
Ok I can’t let this slide. As I said before I’m done debating the crate being stock, I have laid out my case, used facts, quotes and links to back it up and at the end of the day it’s not my job to make you do anything, I put it out there because I believe to call the crate not stock parts is flat out false on many levels. I will be happy to debate it further at another time right now let’s give a break.

However this fastest stock demon is 10.4 is so wrong it’s funny. Dodge said the demon with the crate parts runs 9.65 and the fastest customer owned run is 9.68 stock tires. You really think that some skinnies and a race fuel tune give you EIGHT TENTHS in the 1/4 mile? Come on.

Because I happen to love the truth more than any car, I will give you the fastest demon on 808 pump gas, or as you would call it stock. 9.90 at 136 mph. That’s no crate parts whatsoever. Fastest customer owned demon on 808 tune with light wheels and tires changed is 9.78.

Please ask for the proof.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's a trap.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also if the crate was stock it wouldn't cost any money. There is a reason it costs a dollar.
Right because we all know stock parts are free and aftermarket crates cost $1.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Congrats Sherlock, you will see that I want the whole story not just on here but on Dodge forums too.
Well, I am devilishly handsome, possess a keen, analytical intellect, and am often intoxicated, so you're right on the money.

upload_2020-1-30_14-3-41.png

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I am devilishly handsome, possess a keen, analytical intellect, and am often intoxicated, so you're right on the money.

upload_2020-1-30_14-3-41.png
YES finally someone with some wit.

I am a big fan of the 1939-1946 Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Check them out if you haven’t. My favorite is the second one I think it’s the best. Ida is in it so my opinion might be biased.

OP
OP
SergeyMelnik

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If they were stock parts they would come free with the car
Sponsored