Not open for further replies.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
When I was in grade school they told us we were heading into another ice age. When that didn't happen they told us we were warming at a pace that would put coastal cities under water in the year 2000. When that didn't happen they just called it climate change.

They can't predict the weather 2 weeks out and you expect me to believe they can predict what the climate will be like in 50 years.

ROFL
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Only 600 horse, lol. Back in the day, that was a lot, heck 400whp made you a contender. Today's modern technology has made hitting 600hp easy.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
When I was in grade school they told us we were heading into another ice age. When that didn't happen they told us we were warming at a pace that would put coastal cities under water in the year 2000. When that didn't happen they just called it climate change.

They can't predict the weather 2 weeks out and you expect me to believe they can predict what the climate will be like in 50 years.

ROFL
I know people who work for Environment Canada and they actually can only predict weather one day in advance. Anything after that is predicted off of “trends”.
Considering we go through cold snaps of -30C every winter, bring on global warming. (Just joking)
Conspiracy theory spoiler : The problem is the world is over populated. Maybe instead of cracking down on air pollution, they crack down on population. Wait a minute, maybe thats what the last year has been about. LOL !! Things that make you go hmmmm !

Sponsored

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I know people who work for Environment Canada and they actually can only predict weather one day in advance. Anything after that is predicted off of “trends”.
Considering we go through cold snaps of -30C every winter, bring on global warming. (Just joking)
Conspiracy theory spoiler : The problem is the world is over populated. Maybe instead of cracking down on air pollution, they crack down on population. Wait a minute, maybe thats what the last year has been about. LOL !! Things that make you go hmmmm !
Just like with animals, overpopulation and not enough predators leads to starvation and or disease and since starvation is kind of out....

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
World war 3 will take place way before the so called eco apocalypse. After that they’re wont be enough people left to excute a green strategy to clean up all the left over radiation..It’s down right arrogant to think we can clean up the planet when we cant unf$&ck ourselves from killing each other to the point of total annihilation!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

ROFL
It's almost like climate science has been a difficult and evolving field, imagine that. I can't help but laugh when people think we can just emit gigatons of carbon every single year with literally zero repercussion from it. I obviously don't really care (if I did I'd be driving a Prius), but it's not hard to see how the trends we're starting to observe are negative for the ecosystem (that we still depend on to a large extent). Burying your head in the sand about it or just waving it away as "lol the earth does this all the time" doesn't change the realities that it will bring us. Like much more common extreme weather. I mean just look at the Texas deep freeze. Overly warm air from Europe caused that one after it sunk the polar vortex which caused the entire troposphere to destabilize in a corridor over the middle of the US. Stuff like that is not gonna just stop happening. It's only going to get worse. Warmer air means stronger and more frequent hurricanes, tornadoes, fires (Just look at California this last year), and floods. We've entered the wrestling ring with mother nature and we're going to get beaten down with a chair over and over to massive expense. It's not even alarmist either, its something anyone can observe over time.

You can accuse me of "drinking the kool aid", but as I said, I don't really care. I had nothing to do with industrialized society existing, I just benefit from it. So I'm gonna keep burning excess fuel and eating meat and whatever else is bad while I can.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

ROFL
I remember that article too. I actually read it while waiting to see the doctor in their waiting room. Now the media claim it was a "sensationalized" piece. So what are we to believe? Either they were lying then. Or they are lying now. Either way the media are liars and not to be trusted. That said we should all within reason do our part to ensure our children and grandchildren have a healthy environment to grow up in. To me catalytic converters are a small price to pay for cleaner air.

time ice age.jpg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just want to take a second to point out that, on page 6, there's an argument between two people with the usernames of TexasMetallic and Whitest Russian. I love the internet.

I've been kidding around that covid is the Earth's way of trying to get rid of humans. Humans fit the bill of a deadly virus to the planet. I think there's a actually a movie about this but I can't remember much about it.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It blows my mind on how many tree huggers are on this forum, but yet you drive a mustang that gets horrible MPG.
You can't have it both ways by saying removing cats is bad, but yet drive a car with terrible mileage.
You're trying to make this an either-or, all-or-nothing matter. It's not. There's plenty of room in the middle for being at least moderately concerned about the environment combined with a desire for somewhat stronger vehicle performance.

Norm

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It is pretty obvious we can have clean air and fun too. But many in the powers that be don't want us having any fun.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, modern converters are hardly the bottleneck in the exhaust they used to be, so what's the big deal?

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
They just turn into a bottlecap for some when they melt lol
Exactly and who knows what will happen when they melt. I look at it like insurance, same as changing out the oil pump gears and crank sprocket.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.