Sponsored

Is this g2 kit all I need to buy to paint the calipers?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
My G2 painted calipers are holding up well. :cheers:
IMG_0592.JPG

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
how would one go about sanding this epoxy paint down? I've never dealt with it

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
how would one go about sanding this epoxy paint down? I've never dealt with it
Are you sanding it down to clear coat it? Might want to contact G2 - they don't recommend clear coating over the top of it.

If you want to go that route, find a local auto body / paint supply shop that has the ability to true base coat in a spray can. Then you can use Spraymax 2K clear (again in a spray can) over the top. The Spraymax is an actual Urethane / activated clear.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
From the picture, they look exactly the same, the differences being that one (Amazon) shows an instruction booklet, while the other does not, and that the paint can is a different color.

JR
That's what I was thinking. Still have this on my to do list. Have to wait for it to warm up now.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I should also mention my pinstripes that I'm trying to have matched to the calipers are Matte Orange. Will that matter too much that the caliper is probably going to be a little off?

Also, is mixing an option with this type of paint to get a more

Last edited:

Sponsored

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
That's what I was thinking. Still have this on my to do list. Have to wait for it to warm up now.
They're the same, I bought my kit from Tire Rack and it worked great

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I used the G2 kit on my GT calipers (front and rear) I installed on my '17....I had more than enough paint.

Of course I painted them black, along with the inner hats of the new rotors etc, because I wanted them to blend in / not stand out.
calipers.JPG

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Do I need to sand it at all since I'm not brembo and there's no paint? Just clean and apply?

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Are you sanding it down to clear coat it? Might want to contact G2 - they don't recommend clear coating over the top of it.

If you want to go that route, find a local auto body / paint supply shop that has the ability to true base coat in a spray can. Then you can use Spraymax 2K clear (again in a spray can) over the top. The Spraymax is an actual Urethane / activated clear.
No, I applied quite a bit of the kit to the face of the brake and it began to sag in multiple places creating a water ripple effect. Not incredibly noticable but I like the factory smooth look. I'm considering just taking it to a body shop and having them smooth it out for me.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
No, I applied quite a bit of the kit to the face of the brake and it began to sag in multiple places creating a water ripple effect. Not incredibly noticable but I like the factory smooth look. I'm considering just taking it to a body shop and having them smooth it out for me.
Did you use brake cleaner on the caliper before painting it? I used foam brushes (cheap ones) when I applied the G2 caliper paint to my calipers and went with several thin coats - worked well for me.
Sponsored