Sponsored

Is this deal a good one?

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe, but OP’s in Canada. We really do not know what the used car market is like up there.
True, they have differently configured cars up there. It seems like it should be worse but I suppose it depends on the employment rates right now. Crazy world these days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
You can add adjustable exhaust aftermarket. As much as I love my active exhaust, I now wish I would have installed a Roush active exhaust aftermarket. It's easier to adjust and the tips look better. It is more expensive going Roush though.
I didn't even know that was a thing, I will definitely be looking into that now! thanks a ton

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
Unless they give you a signed paper saying they will honor the warranty with a tune installed I wouldn’t get it. Yes it might make more horsepower but at the cost of your warranty. Of course it’s up to the dealer to honor the warranty or not if they see a tune on it but I would play it safe and not tune it if you want to keep it.
I will try and see If I can get that in writing because the sales man him self offered to tune it for me for $400 but I rather do my own tune.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I will try and see If I can get that in writing because the sales man him self offered to tune it for me for $400 but I rather do my own tune.
Well that sounds just a little bit suspicious. Is the salesman doing this as an agent of the dealer or as a side job? What tune is he using? Might be best to pass on this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Basil
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang ecoboost
Well that sounds just a little bit suspicious. Is the salesman doing this as an agent of the dealer or as a side job? What tune is he using? Might be best to pass on this.
He was doing it as a side job the way he presented it, the last thing I want is to void my warranty though. The tune that was proposed is an SCT X4 just the basic stage 1 tune which I believe I can buy my self and keep the scanner for the same price lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The tune that was proposed is an SCT X4 just the basic stage 1 tune which I believe I can buy my self
you absolutely can and the default box tune runs the engine, but is nothing to write home about. If warranty is your primary concern then there is only one answer - ford performance. Your sales guy should have been smart enough to recommend that first, last and forever.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If warranty is your primary concern then there is only one answer - ford performance. Your sales guy should have been smart enough to recommend that first, last and forever.
I don't think "smart enough" is quite the right description.
Maybe loyal enough to his dealership/customer?
Or maybe less opportunistic/greedy?
Sponsored