Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You are all assuming the VIN is legit.
Well if it’s not that dealer is in for a world of hurt. I would think a dealer would check something like a correct VIN, but considering what this car is you could be right.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If someone wanted to fake a bullitt, and go thru the trouble to fake the vin (and make sure that it is from a black bullitt) you would think they would go all the way and use the right wheels and seats, etc.

More than likely its a theft recovery and the insurance company cheaped out to just flip it.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
The app I used showed every service, checkup, etc. I am surprised that it doesnt show a rebuilt or salvage title. Depending on the state laws. Somebody pulled alot of the Bullitt parts off then it was somehow restored with GT parts. I know Ford does not warranty rebuilt or salvage title cars so its the sketchy car of the month for sure. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wow - you sleuths didn't even pick up on the largest thing staring you all in the face ...

Go back and take a look at the upper rear seat back and lower cushion - it's not from a coupe.

:devil:

100% that car was a salvage theft recovery and it was pieced back together all wrong.

Look at the image of the driver door pull/handle - tell me you all have the fancy Torx bolt showing out in the open.

Also don't rely on freaking VIN reports. An accident or theft recovery does not always appear in those reports.

That Seller thinks they're gonna make some $$$ flipping it.

Someone local to it should go see it in person and tell that Dealership "Nope".

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The other thing too - in the one image there's the Driver side B-pillar image showing the VCL label and tire label. Above the door striker is a 3rd label.

If you notice, all (3) labels, someone has marked them with a Sharpie. I think the only time that happens is if there was a theft or salvage recovery. Ford also does not do that to RAV Buy Backs, so it's definitely not any marking done by a Ford Dealership or Ford RAV.

Last edited:

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
A quick survey of feedback for this "used" car dealership tells the whole story. This sketchy mess of a Mustang is typical for them.

Sponsored

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
I was thinking this as well, I noticed air vents missing/random other trim pieces.
even though car fax shows clean it’s still a possibility.
I have a buddy ( whom I hate for this and openly tell him)he fixes wrecked bikes from loaners, does full frame off parts replacement and they come out clean fresh titles.
Yeah, I noticed that the title was clear too. Was thinking the same as you on a possible washed title. The carfax, autocheck, etc don’t catch everything. His asking price was way low with the mileage too. They have to know something is not right with this car.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Some 19 year old kid is going to get stuck with that abortion of a car.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Some 19 year old kid is going to get stuck with that abortion of a car.
And think he has a real Bullitt. the Vin says it's a Bullitt but who knows for sure. Not to mention how much it will cost to get that car right. And who knows what else is missing that we are not seeing?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Posting the VIN here in the hopes the net search bots hit on it.

1FA6P8K07K5502498
I think we has already determined that this car started life as a Bullitt. Then the car had a ton of its original parts removed (stolen?) and replaced with regular GT parts. The scumbag of a dealer is then trying to pass this abomination of a car off as a complete Bullitt. Time to move on. :like:
Sponsored