Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
https://www.montclairautox.com/pre-owned-cars/detail/2019-Ford-Mustang/688817

Was just looking around on autotrader and this popped up… in some ways it looks like he could have swapped out things… but why take out the digital dash and replace the exhaust with the regular Gt exhaust?
I can’t figure out which way to place this one?? Done up Gt or done wrong Bullitt?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
https://www.montclairautox.com/pre-owned-cars/detail/2019-Ford-Mustang/688817

Was just looking around on autotrader and this popped up… in some ways it looks like he could have swapped out things… but why take out the digital dash and replace the exhaust with the regular Gt exhaust?
I can’t figure out which way to place this one?? Done up Gt or done wrong Bullitt?
The VIN says it's a Bullitt. So does the front grill side window trim and trunk panel. I do not understand the dashboard (even though it has the bullitt plaque) or the shift knob. The engine bay has the correct intake but the tower strut is missing. Very, very strange.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Even the seats are wrong. They don’t have the ribs.
So whoever it was put base Gt wheels tires, different leather seats, analog dash ,regular shifter, regular exhaust, I’m not sure if those are the brembos up front or they are base brakes. To each there own, but I just don’t get it.
even all of the interior stitching is white or black not the green, door pockets center console everything.

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
That’s really fishy. Its like a bunch of Bullitt bits were stripped off the car, and someone replaced most of them with GT stuff. i see the battery cover is missing, who knows what else is wrong. A valid title report would be interesting….

Sponsored

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Well that is a strange one. It is missing some parts for sure but here is what I found...regularly serviced, one owner. Somebody snagged or kept some parts off of it. That is what it looks like. Also this app is great. Get the paid version and look up plates or vin, it told me what the dealer asked for mine, the year it sat on a lot with 4.5 miles. I managed to get it for $3k cheaper and 0% for 60mo. Every option even the cover. No regrets, well a Tremec woulda been nice!

Screenshot_20210812-020020.jpg

Screenshot_20210812-015949.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
My guess is theft recovery, and they were too cheap to replace all the stolen components with correct ones.
I was thinking this as well, I noticed air vents missing/random other trim pieces.
even though car fax shows clean it’s still a possibility.
I have a buddy ( whom I hate for this and openly tell him)he fixes wrecked bikes from loaners, does full frame off parts replacement and they come out clean fresh titles.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Very strange. But like Bikeman315 said, the VIN tells us it's definitely a Bullitt. And shouldn't the build sticker be on the door and not the jamb???
20210810003651808_FORD MUSTANG BULLITT-29.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking this as well, I noticed air vents missing/random other trim pieces.
even though car fax shows clean it’s still a possibility.
I have a buddy ( whom I hate for this and openly tell him)he fixes wrecked bikes from loaners, does full frame off parts replacement and they come out clean fresh titles.
This as truly a bastard car. I wonder if the dealer even realizes what they have.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Here is a thought, years ago a cop buddy told me that when thieves strip a car, i.e. steal wheels, seats, etc. but don't actually take the car, it never gets reported as an actual car theft. Maybe that is what happened to this car and why nothing shows up anywhere. The owners insurance probably bought the car from him in exchange for paying it off and threw generic mustang parts at it so they could flip it.

The dealer probably doesn't care, he has a car to sell. In today's crazy used car market, someone will buy it.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Bullitts don't come with base GT brakes, they come with red Brembos.

Either that's not a real Bullitt, or someone replace the brakes with something sub-par. Either way I would not be buying that, or at least not paying Bullitt price for it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Bullitts don't come with base GT brakes, they come with red Brembos.

Either that's not a real Bullitt, or someone replace the brakes with something sub-par. Either way I would not be buying that, or at least not paying Bullitt price for it.
We have already determined it’s a real Bullitt but with a ton of parts off a regular GT.
Sponsored