Is this a real Bullitt??

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Stay away from those dealers , I'm local to that dealership and all of those types sell cars that won't last you a year. They buy from auctions and most of the cars are tuned, voided warranty for performance modifications, possible non reported accidents, engine problems etc. I went to another dealership around this one and one guy told me he worked at these places and admitted they all sell messed up cars and don't tell anyone. Ended up buy a new car for the same price. I think I have a thread about it when I was debating buying a 17 or 16 GT with some modding done to it.
Sponsored

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Yeah this has to be a rebuilt wreck or stolen and stripped

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I would run away from this car...

Sponsored

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
It could be a title washed wreck. There is a was to take a totaled car and repair it without a salvaged title. Has anyone e-mailed the dealer and asked?

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Anyone looking to tub out a mustang and make a ProStreet? Ive found a great donor!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we has already determined that this car started life as a Bullitt. Then the car had a ton of its original parts removed (stolen?) and replaced with regular GT parts. The scumbag of a dealer is then trying to pass this abomination of a car off as a complete Bullitt. Time to move on. :like:
I would offer an alternative.

Maybe this car started life as a GT and had a few parts and ID from a bullitt moved onto it … ?

WD :like:

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
You know what grinds my gears is that this car (which is obviously completely jacked) has a clean title.
And my car that I bought with 3 miles on it has a claim for damage because the dealer replaced a cracked windshield due to a landscaper hitting it with a rock.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
What is a washed tittle? Is it a salvaged title that has had the damage repaired? I'm pretty sure in my state a salvaged title can never be changed no matter how much work is done.

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
What is a washed tittle? Is it a salvaged title that has had the damage repaired? I'm pretty sure in my state a salvaged title can never be changed no matter how much work is done.
An example, when Hurricane Sandy hit NJ/NY/PA/CT flooded tons of cars which would usually get a title stamped "salvage". However people/dealers bought these cars as fast as they could and moved them out of state, registered them to get a new title, then shipped them to other states to be sold. The motor vehicle departments could never get the titles stamped before the cars were re-titled in another state (twice). I live in South Florida and our used car lots are flooded (no pun intended) with these cars.

If you look at the CarFax, for example, Say a beautiful 2011 car with extremely low miles and a "clean" CarFax. You will see the car sold from Jersey, retitled in Illinois in 2012/2013, then immediately retitled again in Florida. That should throw a major red flag. And says to me, that car was flooded during Hurricane Sandy. The same happens for major hail storms, etc.

Also, there are some states that do not stamp titles as salvages. My buddy ran a body shop in CT, and would buy totaled cars out of Vermont as they didn't stamp titles. Then repair them. He was a legit shop, and his repairs were legit, but its still a totaled car, that no one will ever know about.

Sixxarp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1968 Chevy Camaro
I will be waiting for someone to post in the Bullitt forum section here about their car not coming with the digital dash. This thing is a nightmare.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wow - you sleuths didn't even pick up on the largest thing staring you all in the face ...

Go back and take a look at the upper rear seat back and lower cushion - it's not from a coupe.

:devil:

100% that car was a salvage theft recovery and it was pieced back together all wrong.

Look at the image of the driver door pull/handle - tell me you all have the fancy Torx bolt showing out in the open.

Also don't rely on freaking VIN reports. An accident or theft recovery does not always appear in those reports.

That Seller thinks they're gonna make some $$$ flipping it.

Someone local to it should go see it in person and tell that Dealership "Nope".
That's actually one of the major things I've noticed too, the exposed bolt there...

How badly damaged did this have to be that so much is missing?
Shift knob wrong, stitching wrong on shifter, wrong seats, wrong wheels, no strut brace, no digital dash.
I'm not sure if non-magneride Bullitts don't have the settings on the steering wheel, but I think this is a wrong steering wheel as well. It should have the pony and settings buttons on the right. Because it is listed as el package, so it should have the navigation button on the wheel, too.

Also, exhaust seems stainless steel / shiny. The Bullitt exhausts are supposed to be black powder coated, no?

The longer you look, the worse it gets.

As far as the sticker goes, mine's not on the door, it's in the same place as this one (underneath the latch), although I don't think that's the scariest thing on here, but I understand it could imply sticker was potentially moved?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt