Sponsored

Is this a Mustang dressed up as a Challenger, or a Challenger borrowed by a Mustang driver?

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
This is a nice video, when you don't crash into anything of course.

Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Morons still don't know how to drive, way to become the next dummy to ruin a car meet

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I wonder if they started serving Decaf coffee at some of these Cars & Coffee if things might improve? :)
I've been to a bunch of meets back in NC and never witnessed any crashes when ppl were showing off as they were leaving. I wouldn't find it funny at all like these ppl that are taking these stupid videos yelling out dumb shit. An " omg I hope they're ok" would be it.

but yeah ppl do stupid shit

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I simply dont understand why people continue to do this. it is the number one reason all clubs and meets get shut down and canceled and yet every damn time someone shows up and ruins it for everyone. you would think eventually people would show up to meets and not be a dick.
Honestly I'm betting most of them are in the "that couldn't possibly happen to me" camp. I don't know... people are dumb. Then they panic, stay on it, and wonder why they didn't regain control. Queue "traction control doesn't work" thread on the associated forum.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When I had my 2011 GT500 I remember getting on it and losing control a bit. Got off the gas and she straightened out no harm no foul. Practice in a wet or snow covered parking lot does wonders.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Given what that Challenger is working with, that was a pretty weak pull.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I drove my friends hellcat for 2 weeks but never really pushed it to see it's limit, I wouldn't want or need to anyway. That whine is super neat tho. Some of the hellcat videos on YouTube all seem to lose control the same way.
Interesting...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Living in an area that gets massive snowfalls, you learn to drive in it and learn how to go fast enough to get from place to place without driving slow. You also learn how to deal with losing traction and steering and keeping the car going straight.

My guess is that this driver had no experience drifting or dealing with serious wheelspin sideways. Almost always the inexperienced over correct the steering and once that happens the front tires become non-directional pucks. No control. And, likely, he/she never let off the gas soon enough thinking "I've got this". This results from either ignorance or stupidity. Could be both, though.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I dunno, seems like the guy really didn't try and do anything to save it at all. Most guys I see crash have no idea how to throttle a car properly and just mash it to the floor then give up when it goes sideways.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I dunno, seems like the guy really didn't try and do anything to save it at all. Most guys I see crash have no idea how to throttle a car properly and just mash it to the floor then give up when it goes sideways.
Yeah - there was some straight-up panic going on here. The guy only tapped the brakes once (which might not have actually helped at that point) - right after it let go... it was his lack of braking (or maybe even accelerating) that made it go under the truck with enough oomph to flip it.

It's definitely possible that he panicked and hit the wrong pedal - making a bad situation way worse.

I also agree with others that it just looks like inexperience.

None of this is an excuse - just trying to dissect what I'm seeing. Glad no one is seriously injured.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Panic can and sometimes will cause people to simply 'freeze' at the controls. They may not even know what they need to be doing.

I'm with GreenS550 here, in that having a few years of snow driving early in one's driving life is incredibly valuable. All the way from driving in the snow/slush to driving in the wet to putting the car at its limits on the track in the dry. But you need to start "at the bottom" where loss of tire grip happens at the lowest speeds

The scary thing here is that in today's world of nannified cars it's somewhat harder to even get that experience - and without that experience you're going to be worse off when you either turn them off to show off, or when the situation gets out past what the nannies can save you from.

Norm
Sponsored