Sponsored

Is this a Mustang dressed up as a Challenger, or a Challenger borrowed by a Mustang driver?

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
our cars are getting into trouble with just 400 to 500 horsepower. Add a blower or drive a GT500 and wow!

Respect to the Mopars, those hellcats cars putting down crazy horsepower 700 to 800 on stock motor/tires. Then you add more, tune, increase boost and modify. Driver error, public roads and just tempting fate equals a bad combo.
Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Just this weekend in south Atlanta something like 84 people were arrested for that kind of crap. Reports say that most of the people arrested were spectators. They even impounded like 35 cars
I don't think they were doing anything stupid when the cops showed up either. That's not to say something wasn't going to happen, but it hadn't yet.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
spectators should never be charged, they are not the one committing the act.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
spectators should never be charged, they are not the one committing the act.
Not sure I necessarily agree with that.
It's an illegal event and you are attending, basically encouraging and supporting an illegal activity. Illegal gambling, dog fights, cock fights, lots of examples where being a spectator will get you arrested. Why not street racing?
And it's not a new thing. I once received a ticket for transporting a set of racing slicks. The race was over but we got stopped leaving. It was way out in corn country at about 2am. The cop couldn't prove we were doing anything but a couple of fast cars and a truck or two with tires, soo... Yes, young and stupid, not participating, really was just watching, but got the ticket nonetheless.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just think its wrong. unless you are committing a crime, you should be untouchable. ie. just today I had the cops called on me, there's a park down the road from me, they had to remove all the basket ball hoops... there was a bad group of kids / attracted to the area. sadly removing the hoops was all they could do, and it worked.

anyway there's a roundabout, I just went and parked, in the middle of the roundabout it was raining, listening to music. I guess 2 people called the cops on me, cops came down and asked me what I was doing, why I was there, what my intent was, I said dude im listening to music. he said all is good, but the people who call it (who live right there) call the cops on anyone for loitering, its a damn park! can't cite me, shouldn't even speak to me.

I know its not the same, but I feel the same way about spectating, hanging out, whatever. if people happen to race through the neighborhood in front of me and I watch it, I shouldn't be in any trouble. its amusing. im not going to leave just because others are doing stuff.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not sure I necessarily agree with that.
It's an illegal event and you are attending, basically encouraging and supporting an illegal activity. Illegal gambling, dog fights, cock fights, lots of examples where being a spectator will get you arrested. Why not street racing?
And it's not a new thing. I once received a ticket for transporting a set of racing slicks. The race was over but we got stopped leaving. It was way out in corn country at about 2am. The cop couldn't prove we were doing anything but a couple of fast cars and a truck or two with tires, soo... Yes, young and stupid, not participating, really was just watching, but got the ticket nonetheless.
Did you just compare standing on a sidewalk watching cars leave a parking lot to attending a dog fight? And you think the people standing around watching should be charged with a crime? Wow

302cui

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt 6sp manual
Our mustangs may flip bodies but challengers flip trucks.
who da thunk it.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
WOW all you want.

If it's a sanctioned event then no, probably not.
But I was talking about a street race like what's happening here in Atlanta.
At its core that is still supporting an illegal activity. On some level the spectators share the guilt.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
WOW all you want.

If it's a sanctioned event then no, probably not.
But I was talking about a street race like what's happening here in Atlanta.
At its core that is still supporting an illegal activity. On some level the spectators share the guilt.
I guess personal responsibility just isn’t a thing anymore? We should be held liable for the crimes of others? Next time the neighbor kid signals to me to light the tires up I’ll make sure to call the police and ask them to charge him with inciting reckless driving. He may only be 10, but it sure looks like he was supporting an illegal activity.

Now that I think about it, there was a group of spectators in that video not just one person..........we can also add a conspiracy charge for them to share as well!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I simply dont understand why people continue to do this. it is the number one reason all clubs and meets get shut down and canceled and yet every damn time someone shows up and ruins it for everyone. you would think eventually people would show up to meets and not be a dick.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don’t understand how these drivers lose control so easily. I drive my GT350 aggressive sometimes and never once came close to loosing control. Even with all the nannies turned off.
GT350 makes no torque, that's why, lol. A Hellcat at 1500RPM makes more torque. On top of that, the gear ratios are very tall which means wheel torque rises at a reasonable rate through the gearing. With the kitties, those ZF's have some aggressive low gears which will put you sideways in a hurry.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
aiding and abetting is what the cops like to call it.
How is standing on a public sidewalk watching cars leave a parking lot aiding and abetting?

Under your logic if I'm sitting in my lawn chair in my front yard watching cars drive by and some dumb ass lights up his tires and slams a tree I get arrested?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Participant means any individual who is knowingly present at an illegal street racing exhibition for the purpose of actively taking part in the event, through conduct including riding in a race vehicle as a passenger; assisting the organizers and/or drivers in carrying out or promoting the event; or exchanging money or anything of value with any driver, car owner, or other participant in connection with the event. For the purposes of this section, a person who is a mere bystander, passerby, or observer not aware of the illegal activity shall not be deemed a participant

http://atlantacityga.iqm2.com/Citiz...tingID=3113&MediaPosition=&ID=21795&CssClass=

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
There are a few rational youtube videos on the subject. We are in a time where very powerful cars are readily accessible at great pricing. Many of these folks buying in don't have the experience or muscle memory necessary and end up screwing up.

I spent my childhood mud riding in trucks and dirt/mud racing go karts. When the ass of the car goes one way, my mind corrects the steering and other things without thinking about it. If you don't have experience being out of control, you should not buy any of these cars IMO (GT, SS, Dodge 392, Hellcat, etc...). Even with my youth experience, I took this car easy and worked my way into feeling what it could do. It is a lot of power and you can't just go doing silly shit whenever you want.

On top of all of that, understand tire warmth, tire pressure, road conditions, and stop looking at insta-twitter on your iphone and pay attention.
Sponsored