Sponsored

is there that fake exhaust sound in a 2021 GT?

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Yeah, it's loud until you put it next to my car with a 3 inch catback with straight through outer chambers, lol. Cold starts sound downright criminal if I'm backed against a structure or wall. But then there are people with long tube headers (or god forbid a supercharger and all of the above) who will make my car sound civilized.

I do like active exhaust though, it works really well and is much better than the standard exhaust.
unpopular opinion but i f’ing hate the sound of the 5.0 when people do long tube and x pipes and crap. it’s so raspy and sounds horrible IMO. i honestly only like how the car sounds stock with the active exhaust. i watched a youtube the other night of an s550 and he had all exhaust mods and my god it sounded awful. i don’t even like resonator delete. it pulls away some of the character of that tone of the 5.0. just my opinion though

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's loud until you put it next to my car with a 3 inch catback with straight through outer chambers, lol. Cold starts sound downright criminal if I'm backed against a structure or wall. But then there are people with long tube headers (or god forbid a supercharger and all of the above) who will make my car sound civilized.

I do like active exhaust though, it works really well and is much better than the standard exhaust.
I resemble the remark about long tube and supercharger........I'm my neighbors alarm clock at 5 am and I'm backed into my garage. But I do idle out of the neighborhood in 5th gear ..lol

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
see, my active exhaust is loud as F when it starts up…like, real loud lol and you can only start it in quiet or normal mode. even quiet start isn’t that quiet, tried it once lol
I leave my active exhaust in Sport mode all the time. The neighbors are over a hundred feet away; they can deal with it. Besides, it's just that first crack of the cold start that's loud. Then it settles down pretty good so I can creep down the lane to the street, LOL. I don't see any need to make mine louder at all.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure Ford specifically tunes the exhaust note inside the cabin for all versions of the Mustang. I specifically remember seeing a video with a Ford rep talking about getting the sound just right inside the GT500, but pointing out how it's totally different once the door's open. (Don't ask me for a link, I've slept a few times since seeing it lol) So, I don't think any of the cabin exhaust notes are necessarily fake, but they may not be considered "natural" either.

Sponsored

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
The GT is way too quiet stock IMO. With a catback the character comes out 1000% more.
when i get time the first thing im doing to mine is catless longtubes and flowmaster outlaws

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure Ford specifically tunes the exhaust note inside the cabin for all versions of the Mustang. I specifically remember seeing a video with a Ford rep talking about getting the sound just right inside the GT500, but pointing out how it's totally different once the door's open. (Don't ask me for a link, I've slept a few times since seeing it lol) So, I don't think any of the cabin exhaust notes are necessarily fake, but they may not be considered "natural" either.
so you’re saying there’s something pumping through the speakers on a GT?

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
so you’re saying there’s something pumping through the speakers on a GT?
I'm not sure whether it's the speakers exactly. I just know the Ford engineers have done something specific to make sure the sound is good for the driver while in the cabin. I'm sure there are a bunch of tricks they've got to make that happen.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure whether it's the speakers exactly. I just know the Ford engineers have done something specific to make sure the sound is good for the driver while in the cabin. I'm sure there are a bunch of tricks they've got to make that happen.
wonder if they just mean it’s the sound tube. i still can’t tell what the sound tube sounds like lol i don’t hear a sucking induction noise or anything, idk.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
unpopular opinion but i f’ing hate the sound of the 5.0 when people do long tube and x pipes and crap. it’s so raspy and sounds horrible IMO. i honestly only like how the car sounds stock with the active exhaust. i watched a youtube the other night of an s550 and he had all exhaust mods and my god it sounded awful. i don’t even like resonator delete. it pulls away some of the character of that tone of the 5.0. just my opinion though
If ford could engineer an exhaust that copied the 302 5.0 fox body with THE ORIGINAL flowmasters. heaven

Sponsored
OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If ford could engineer an exhaust that copied the 302 5.0 fox body with THE ORIGINAL flowmasters. heaven
YES. exactly this. but that’s prob in part due to the block being iron back then etc. such a deep tone. engines just sounded better back then, but the power sucked in the 90s. imagine a new 5.0 sounding like a 70s 302? lol that would be nuts. lope and all.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
when i get time the first thing im doing to mine is catless longtubes and flowmaster outlaws
Have you checked out MBRP? They're another exhaust company that's all about the volume lol. I've got it on my Ecoboost and my brother had it on his PP2. I think they do a great job with both; it's all subjective of course. But I think they're a little cheaper than Flowmaster, which is always a bonus if you like the sound. Plus, they offer a black finish that would pair very nicely with your black accent package.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
wonder if they just mean it’s the sound tube. i still can’t tell what the sound tube sounds like lol i don’t hear a sucking induction noise or anything, idk.
That sounds right to me, but I'm definitely not an expert by any means. I don't think it's really supposed to be obvious or anything. I think the only reason it's so noticeable with the EBs is because the stock exhaust setup is so quiet outside. Once you swap it with a good (read: loud) catback, you can't hear whatever is being pumped inside anymore anyway.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Even better... bore out a 5.0 to 5.2, put in a flat plane crank, and......................... nah, that would never work. Probably wouldn't sound good either. Never mind!