Sponsored

is there that fake exhaust sound in a 2021 GT?

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
unpopular opinion but i f’ing hate the sound of the 5.0 when people do long tube and x pipes and crap. it’s so raspy and sounds horrible IMO. i honestly only like how the car sounds stock with the active exhaust. i watched a youtube the other night of an s550 and he had all exhaust mods and my god it sounded awful. i don’t even like resonator delete. it pulls away some of the character of that tone of the 5.0. just my opinion though
This is exactly why I'm doing an H-Pipe tomorrow. Yes I may be leaving a few top end ponies on the table over an x-pipe. But still gaining a couple over stock especially TQ low down without raspy higher pitch tones. H-pipe brings out a deeper more old school muscle car tone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
This is exactly why I'm doing an H-Pipe tomorrow. Yes I may be leaving a few top end ponies on the table over an x-pipe. But still gaining a couple over stock especially TQ low down without raspy higher pitch tones. H-pipe brings out a deeper more old school muscle car tone.
that’s what i heard about the H pipe. i haven’t looked into one yet because ecverytime i see one it’s paired with some crazy mufflers after it and it still sounds super raspy. i like the growl it has from factory with the active exhaust

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that’s what i heard about the H pipe. i haven’t looked into one yet because ecverytime i see one it’s paired with some crazy mufflers after it and it still sounds super raspy. i like the growl it has from factory with the active exhaust
Steeda also has a youtube comparison with stock exhaust.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
You will love it.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The h-pipe Only cost 87$ shipped from CJ. I already have some MBRP race mufflers I may have modified to install but will definitely clamp them after the h-pipe to test the sound first.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Imo this motor doesn't need any more high end HP's as it is. Although I doubt either one makes that much of a difference.

I personally love my MBRP street system (with h pipe), it sounds absolutely god tier below 4k RPM while still sounding pretty good above that.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imo this motor doesn't need any more high end HP's as it is. Although I doubt either one makes that much of a difference.

I personally love my MBRP street system (with h pipe), it sounds absolutely god tier below 4k RPM while still sounding pretty good above that.
Oh don't think i want more high end HP. Another reason for the H over X besides mainly sound is a little bit more low end TQ although probably unperceptible really.

Coming from a ecoboost with 430 TQ at 2300 rpm the GT does feel a little different off the line but well makes up for it very quickly.

The MBRP race mufflers I have come from my ecoboost cat back kit. According to my speculation being verified by a convo with MBRP the mufflers are the same as used on the 15-17 GT race cat back kit. Ill just need 2 more tips and have them modded for quads.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Oh don't think i want more high end HP. Another reason for the H over X besides mainly sound is a little bit more low end TQ although probably unperceptible really.

Coming from a ecoboost with 430 TQ at 2300 rpm the GT does feel a little different off the line but well makes up for it very quickly.

The MBRP race mufflers I have come from my ecoboost cat back kit. According to my speculation being verified by a convo with MBRP the mufflers are the same as used on the 15-17 GT race cat back kit. Ill just need 2 more tips and have them modded for quads.
wow i never looked it up…the ecoboost has more torque overall than the 5.0? we are what, 420 at a higher RPM? that’s nuts.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow i never looked it up…the ecoboost has more torque overall than the 5.0? we are what, 420 at a higher RPM? that’s nuts.
With the Ford Performance Tune I was making 426TQ down low around 2400-2600 RPM. Stock they make 350TQ at that rpm range. At the same RPM the GT from most graphs I have looked at make about 275-310TQ. Thats likely why an ecoboost especially tuned hangs briefly with a GT at take off. But again very briefly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I don’t see how anything-and I mean *anything*-could sound better than a stock GT with AE in track mode. I’ve had pretty much all the GM muscle cars since the late ‘60s and I don’t remember anything from any factory sounding better. Maybe a big block Corvette with side pipes was close, but only close. Perhaps mine is amplified by being a convertible, I don’t know. It’s too bad Ford doesn’t offer an affordable retrofit AE kit for those who missed it originally.

Mine has some kind of an optional high dollar multi-speakered sound system and as much as I love music I’ve never turned it on.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don’t see how anything-and I mean *anything*-could sound better than a stock GT with AE in track mode. I’ve had pretty much all the GM muscle cars since the late ‘60s and I don’t remember anything from any factory sounding better. Maybe a big block Corvette with side pipes was close, but only close. Perhaps mine is amplified by being a convertible, I don’t know. It’s too bad Ford doesn’t offer an affordable retrofit AE kit for those who missed it originally.

Mine has some kind of an optional high dollar multi-speakered sound system and as much as I love music I’ve never turned it on.
I too love my GT/CS with active exhaust but…….I fondly remember my 66’ Fairlane GTA with the 390ci FE motor, double pumper Holley, headers and Thrush glass packs. Oh well, that was a different time.
Sponsored