Sponsored

Is There Anyone Still Waiting For Their 2019 GT350?

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Good Morning Everyone,

Here is the Monday Morning Update on the Shelby Saga.

I called the number, Mr. Bill. People there were very nice. I was told that as of this morning, there were no other cars in the Twin Oaks Lot scheduled to come to CT, so they are waiting for more trains to drop off more cars that have a final destination in the CT area. So, now, I am not only waiting for my car, but I am waiting for everyone else's car in CT to arrive so they can piggy back on a carrier.

If anyone looks up the word FRUSTRATION, you will see a 5x7 photo of me there.

And so it goes.............................................................................................................................................
Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Good Morning Everyone,

I called the number, Mr. Bill. People there were very nice. I was told that as of this morning, there were no other cars in the Twin Oaks Lot scheduled to come to CT, so they are waiting for more trains to drop off more cars that have a final destination in the CT area. So, now, I am not only waiting for my car, but I am waiting for everyone else's car in CT to arrive so they can piggy back on a carrier.

And so it goes.............................................................................................................................................
All signs are telling you to just get a 2020 or demand a huge discount for a late sept or october delivery on a 2019 car...

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Good Morning Everyone,

Damn...Well Mark - I'm still hopeful. You're (hopefully) not waiting for just mustangs or even fords to show up but rather cars in general headed to CT. Unless Ford is the only company stupid enough to drop off cars in Twin Oaks PA that are headed to CT (Which I admit is extra freakin stupid) then they must ha a sh**ton of cars flowing through that rail yard on a regular basis (the lot size shows that).
If you talk to them again ask about how much inventory they move to CT and how regular that is. That's all you can do brother....well you could go to the shooting range and let off some steam - take are man.
Bill
(83 miles on mine - not exactly breaking break-in records on my end...but underpasses sure are fun to get loud under in sport mode).

Last edited:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
All signs are telling you to just get a 2020 or demand a huge discount for a late sept or october delivery on a 2019 car...
He's already getting a very decent deal he reported. Start over again the week it's likely to arrive? How does that help get him to get the car he wants this week?

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Delays in hin getting his car equals less time for him to enjoy the car in 2019. Once 2020s hit the ground, he will have incurred depreciation for having a prior year model. Whether it be the dealership or manufacturer, his position has changed from when he 1st ordered his car. What's he going to do with a gt350 with sport cup2s in November?

The guy should renegotiate his deal to compensate him for the delay.

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
That rail depot handles a lot of different makes of vehicles, not just fords. It is a massive place. I think they can spot 80 railcars on site and they have a spur track for holding more. Hope they have more for CT soon.

Mark ,
You must have upset the Shelby gods at some point, better make amens. Lol

Last edited:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
" What's he going to do with a gt350 with sport cup2s in November?"

Same thing I am I assume - nothing.
November or even October would be a long time between any car deliveries headed to CT. Fair bet the car leaves soon ESPECIALLY as other 2020 makes & models load up carriers this time of year - shipments have been heavy though August on.

The delay for a '20 isn't a shorter path or a consolation for anyone who's waited this long (there are no GT350 changes from '19). If its about money/value again he already said his deal was good. Saying the car is depreciated, yet '20' GT350 are not even built or delivered...not a one, is a bit of forward projection. It also means more when one overpaid which he said he did the opposite.

I ordered in December 2018 - lost the allocation and had to jump on one 1300 miles away special ordered in January & modified to my options - My identical car to Mark's has been home only since Thursday and I'm further north so these let downs are not lost on me of all people. Yeah, its not news these are crazy late and it cuts down on enjoyment for us up north this season. None of us are happy with Ford about that and this is ALL on them (I won't guess if the Mexican steering wheel strike was avoidable OR that for 2020 there won't be new problems/excuses).
SC2's were always a troublesome part of buying this car for street use in 2 season regions. its either going in storage or it needs new rubber asap. October often brings 1st frosts. We in New England know this too. The good news is that Dave has invited all down to Atlanta to live with him and drive track cars year round on SC2's - I hear they have nice roads that don't resemble the moon surface too ;-)

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Supposedly, this car is"hot tagged" and there is a transporter ready and waiting. I also hear that there is a snow storm hitting Hawaii this week.
Not directed at you Mark, but this whole "hot tag" story is Ford BS. My car was "hot tagged" and sat at the rail yard for 11 days until a transporter got a full load. Your car is sitting there until a transporter gets a full load. The Ford dealership has absolutely no control over the delivery process once the factory turns the car over to the railroad. I'm still hoping it gets to you so you can drive it in that veterans event. :like:

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Your car is sitting there until a transporter gets a full load. t. :like:

Maybe - I've got the truck transport company working on it for him - I'm getting email updates from their logistics coordinator - 10 in the last 16 hours saying this is getting a lot of attention.
Mark & I haven't worked out what I get as his agent but the thanks have been more than enough reward. Beside I have to get that last '19 Cobra to my buddy especially since its identical to mine in every way except the VIN & dash# ;-)

As I typed this yet another update: My contact got the Baltimore office involved too (they must be the top of the chain) Plans is to load & deliver today at earliest most likely tomorrow. I just txt'd Mark to let him know. I'd say I've earned now a doughnut or a beer...or a get of of jail free card!

Last edited:

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Very nice of you to help Mark out. We've been PMing and he's ready to get his car!! I used to be able to take the salesman and drive over to the Jessup train yard and pick up my new car without having to wait for a transport. That was 20 years ago and now they won't even let you in the gate! Sure hope someone can cherry pick his car and get it moving to the North! The end of the journey is always the hardest! Thanks again, Bill!