Sponsored

Is There Anyone Still Waiting For Their 2019 GT350?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Mark,
Hope your car is on the way. I had to run my truck thru a regen cyvle so i drove up to the rail yard. Place is like fort knox. There were 3 trucks staged but no GTs on them. Only mustang in the staging area was a ruby red stock mustang. I could not get a view of the whole area so ..... just my update for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Mark,
Hope your car is on the way. I had to run my truck thru a regen cyvle so i drove up to the rail yard. Place is like fort knox. There were 3 trucks staged but no GTs on them. Only mustang in the staging area was a ruby red stock mustang. I could not get a view of the whole area so ..... just my update for you.
Thanks, George! Much appreciate your efforts.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Saturday Update.....

Went to my dealer today. He ran an update on my car. Still sitting at Twin Oaks, supposedly waiting for other cars to come to CT. My dealer is trying to get a carrier to get it Monday or Tuesday. The trip from Twin Oaks to me is 4+ hours. I will give an update on Monday. Thanks to everyone trying to help me out. Let's see what next week brings............

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
They can't!
The vehicle is currently in the possession of the transporter.
Once Ford releases it to the rail carrier, it becomes the rail carriers liability... same thing with the truck transporter. Each entity is contractually liable for the vehicle while in it's possession.
Although for Mark's sake, I wish they would make an exception.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Any judges in the forum willing to issue a warrant for Mark's Shelby?

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
They can't!
Once Ford releases it to the rail carrier, it becomes the rail carriers liability... same thing with the truck transporter. Each entity is contractually liable for the vehicle while in it's possession.
I do not remember where, when, or who but someone on this forum posted that he went to the railyard and picked up his car.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It was the guy in St. Simon Island, GA who has the matching color GT350 and Raptor, as well as a beautiful house. He suggested I do the same. That is how I learned about the passing off of liability between carriers. If he actually did it, and I'm not doubting his word, good for him because he beat the iron clad system.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Saturday Update.....

Went to my dealer today. He ran an update on my car. Still sitting at Twin Oaks, supposedly waiting for other cars to come to CT. My dealer is trying to get a carrier to get it Monday or Tuesday. The trip from Twin Oaks to me is 4+ hours. I will give an update on Monday. Thanks to everyone trying to help me out. Let's see what next week brings............
Sounds like your big day is getting closer, Mark!

Have you given any thought to how you intend to handle the delivery?

If you're pretty tight with your dealership - can they give you a call when your car shows up?

If you can, it's great to watch them come off the car carrier and see right away if there are any visible issues with the exterior.

Also, if it's uber filthy, you might want to consider washing it yourself versus letting the dealership do it (this completely depends on the competency of their new car prep dude).

Just some things to consider as your long-awaited treasure makes it's way to you!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Sounds like your big day is getting closer, Mark!

Have you given any thought to how you intend to handle the delivery?

If you're pretty tight with your dealership - can they give you a call when your car shows up?

If you can, it's great to watch them come off the car carrier and see right away if there are any visible issues with the exterior.

Also, if it's uber filthy, you might want to consider washing it yourself versus letting the dealership do it (this completely depends on the competency of their new car prep dude).

Just some things to consider as your long-awaited treasure makes it's way to you!
I'm tight with mine and had tracked the trucking down that morning - the problem is its not that predictable and the unloading happens fast. I called the dealership saying I'd like to hang out that afternoon for the anticipated delivery time and the kid on the phone says a carrier just showed up "what color is yours? Blue?" I say with excitement yeah!!! He runs out to check "with black stripes?" Yea man - black stripe Kona blue w/black roof is it really there already? "he says its here - and they just unloaded it"....dang! I mean it was done in 5 minutes - just enough for my GM to go outside and shot stills and video of it being offloaded and pulled by him by the carrier operator.

Sooooo.....I suggest leaving instructions with whoever actually listens to you at the dealership for them to video with their phone in HD the car both on the carrier and being rolled off it because its likely in the back of the ccarrier and the 1st one to come off the carrier. With a loaded up carrier these guys like to drop & move on - they will not wait for you to show up.

Since this is the 1st time anyone you know gets to see the car inc the dash plate it's the most like the birth when it rolls off that car carrier. Then have that person shoot you a dash serial # and text you that pic.
Then you can get there when practical given its usually a drop off during business/work hours.
Close!

Sponsored
OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Hello Everyone,

I talked to my dealer today right before he went home for the weekend. He told me the car is on an "any day" status and "it could be delivered" tomorrow or any day this upcoming week." So, like any of us would do, the wife and I went out to dinner tonight and then went to the dealership. Nothing. We then went for a cruise, came back to the dealership. Nothing. Hence, nothing as of 2224 hours tonight! I will check it out tomorrow once, maybe twice. I can't thank everyone enough for all of your ideas, energy and putting up with the whining. Man, Thursday will be six full months.

Special thanks to Mr. Bill who has gone above and beyond trying to talk me off the ledge and trying to find out info on this car.

Let's see what the next few days bring......

And so it goes......................................................

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Great. Now the dealership security cams have you casing the dealership. Any minute now the Feds will show up with accusations you run an auto theft ring and or stalking. While you and the wifey are in the pokey, the car will be delivered. Your rep, who has the weekend off, will not be there while the new guy, forced to wait outside in the summer heat for new customers sets his eye on a couple who show up in driving a Toyota Yaris. The new sales guy will think he is the man, when he sells your Shelby to some guy who came in looking for a good deal on a leftover Fusion.

It could happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Great. Now the dealership security cams have you casing the dealership. Any minute now the Feds will show up with accusations you run an auto theft ring and or stalking. While you and the wifey are in the pokey, the car will be delivered. Your rep, who has the weekend off, will not be there while the new guy, forced to wait outside in the summer heat for new customers sets his eye on a couple who show up in driving a Toyota Yaris. The new sales guy will think he is the man, when he sells your Shelby to some guy who cam in looking for a good deal on a leftover Fusion.

It could happen.
Mike,

I have no idea what you do for a living, but I really think you have potential in writing mystery novels. You had me believing that I was going to be brought in to my own department's interrogation room and questioned as to why the wife and I were parked in my take home cruiser at the dealership. Thanks for helping me keep my sanity, or what was once left of it, during this whole mess.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
They can't!
Jessup, Md. is the same way. High security, and you can't go get the car. The transport companies don't want to lose the charge they apply for trucking the car to the dealer, so the Union put a stop to anyone thinking they can get the car without following the protocol.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Mark,
Just call that phone number I gave you and give them the order number - then you'll know what the trucking company has planned. Dealers don't bother with this level of detail so of course they are vague - and are only correct by being so vague.
I'll do it if you want.

Imagine I suggested that verbally - you said I sounded like your chief/boss ;-)
Sponsored