Sponsored

Is there a way to stop condensation on outside of car in fall/winter? Vancouver BC Pacific NW

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Just sucks with all the water buildup after I clean my car. To clarify, it sits in a car port (one wall, roof, that's it), so condensation builds up in the night/morning and come early morning there are droplets here and there and if i leave them they turn into annoying water marks. I just blow dry them away but I dunno if there's some science hack like leaving a bucket of salt out near it or something???

Also the condensation then freezes and I have a bunch of ice on the car as well.

Would plugging the car's engine in work? I'm not familiar with the mechanics since we don't go below freezing too often here, but I know cars in interior canada plug their cars in (engine) so it doesn't get too cold or something. I don't know if that puts any extra wear on the engine or what temperature it keeps the engine at though.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you can really prevent that unless you cover the car every night which is unrealistic.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I might add a tarp over the port kindof. Like a mini tent. Hoping that will help, also with dust/wind in the spring summer too.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I might add a tarp over the port kindof. Like a mini tent. Hoping that will help, also with dust/wind in the spring summer too.

I apply RainEx to all my windows. Less chance of rain or dew of adhering to the glass and easier to remove ice.

CVCashmere
Sponsored