Sponsored

Is there a PD kit mid level between 750-900hp that does NOT require grinding/cutting the timing chain cover? Also, is there a preferred method

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2013 C6 GS Supercharged, 2009 Viper ACR, 2004 Viper SRT 10 Supercharged,
to pick up an oil feed line and a return line for a YSI trim Vortech?

Thank You.
Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
VMP Odin and their latest GEN3R kits don’t require grinding the Timing cover.

OP
OP
sjalilian

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2013 C6 GS Supercharged, 2009 Viper ACR, 2004 Viper SRT 10 Supercharged,
VMP Odin and their latest GEN3R kits don’t require grinding the Timing cover.
No Whipple kits require grinding or cutting
I really love the clean look of the Whipple and VMP Odin kits. I guess the online directions I found on the Odin kit where older but they showed grinding. But if their newer kits do not require grinding/cutting I'm leaning that way very hard. I have a long history of centri experience but have never had a PD setup.

Thank You for the input.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I really love the clean look of the Whipple and VMP Odin kits. I guess the online directions I found on the Odin kit where older but they showed grinding. But if their newer kits do not require grinding/cutting I'm leaning that way very hard. I have a long history of centri experience but have never had a PD setup.

Thank You for the input.
I know a lot of the PD kits ether required or recommend some grinding but it was only one small piece. Don’t let that intimidate you

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
If i remember right the VMP kits require grinding the block.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

Thank You for the input.
There are no "old online directions" of the odin kit. Its a new kit. It requires no cutting or grinding. I installed it in my garage. You have to modify a few of the provided hoses with a hose cutting tool they provide to make them proper length but that is all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sjalilian

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
There is a vid I just watched a few days ago showing grinding/cutting. I'll try to find it and link it. I like the quality and the completeness of the VMP kit.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
There is a vid I just watched a few days ago showing grinding/cutting. I'll try to find it and link it. I like the quality and the completeness of the VMP kit.
I followed the very first vmp odin kit video when i installed and it required no cutting. Unless you are talking about the install on the 2015-2017..if thats the case..they didnt cut the block at all. They cut the edge of the valve covers (plastic) for it to fit better. Its a simple install though really.

The older styles like gen 2 and gen 3 that are like the roush blower do require cutting from what ive seen. Loki and odin do not.

Edit: looks like you have a 2015 so yes i believe you will need to trim the plastic valve cover..but not cut or grind the block. The valve cover trimming is even less of a concern than the block.

OP
OP
sjalilian

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
No Sir. I'll try and get home and look at my laptop and review the history. The vid I say has the gent doing to install actually cut the t-chain cover in a coupe of spots.
And yes, I do have a '15 with 1800 miles on it.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
No Sir. I'll try and get home and look at my laptop and review the history. The vid I say has the gent doing to install actually cut the t-chain cover in a coupe of spots.
And yes, I do have a '15 with 1800 miles on it.
Yeah. Ive watched the 2015-2017 and 2018+ install vids multiple times. You shouldnt need to cut anything other than trim the valve cover like i said. Definitely interested to see your vid though
Sponsored