Is there a coolant drain bolt on the engine block

An7h0ny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp1
Hi all is there a coolant drain bolt on the engine block and where and what it looks like? This is for 2017 gt PP1. Thanks
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I don't know the answer to your question.
But stating the obvious, there is a drain cock on the passenger side lower corner of the radiator. Would require removing the belly pan (or front clip with pan assembly) to access it.

Maybe your question is to avoid that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi all is there a coolant drain bolt on the engine block and where and what it looks like? This is for 2017 gt PP1. Thanks
On a Coyote -
Check on the driver's side of the block, up by the oil filter housing. There might be a recessed plug/hex fitting (ALLEN KEYED) that sits flush or just about flush with the block. This location may vary by Coyote Generation and/or Variant. Use a bright LED light when looking for these plugs. If it's not by the oil filter housing, look along the block on driver side near any expansion plugs or back by cylinder 8. I'm not sure if one exists on the passenger side (or elsewhere on the block). If there is another coolant plug/fitting, it should be same type as the one found on driver side.

Last edited:
OP
OP

An7h0ny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp1
I don't know the answer to your question.
But stating the obvious, there is a drain cock on the passenger side lower corner of the radiator. Would require removing the belly pan (or front clip with pan assembly) to access it.

Maybe your question is to avoid that.
I was hoping to mostly flush by draining radiator and the engine block past the thermostat without removing the thermostat. I'm thinking radiator bung only drains the radiator.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I was hoping to mostly flush by draining radiator and the engine block past the thermostat without removing the thermostat. I'm thinking radiator bung only drains the radiator.
You could also remove the water pump to drain most of the engine block coolant.
Sponsored