Sponsored

Is there a better car to represent America on Independence Day than the Mustang?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Tesla is the most American made carā€¦ just saying.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I would say Corvette. It has always been a 2 seater sports car. It was never a tarted up ecomony car (Mustang II) or an electric SUV.
True. But on the other hand the Mustang has always had a blue collar character, it's always been a car for the true, hard-working American, a car that has brought the automotive equivalent of the American dream within the reach of the typical guy, girl or family. Whereas the Corvette was more like a rich boy's toy.
I can picture Bruce Springsteen in a Mustang, for instance, but not in a Corvette. :)

Sure, that disgusting piece of barf running on Duracells does taint the Mustang's name a bit, unfortunately, but even that can't erase fifty years of history during which we, Europeans, used to lust for a Mustang more badly than a child does for candy and to consider it even more of an American symbol than Coca Cola. ā¤

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would say Corvette. It has always been a 2 seater sports car. It was never a tarted up ecomony car (Mustang II) or an electric SUV.
Corvettes were crappy in the mid-late 70s as well. I've heard GM is building an EV CUV Corvette soon. The Mustang is still a tarted up economy car. ECO boost gets very good fuel economy (I assume). Yes, the current Mustang is a little upscale compared to previous generations, but Mustang II is hardly the only inexpensive Mustang variety.

I agree Corvette is a good car to represent America though.

True. But on the other hand the Mustang has always had a blue collar character, it's always been a car for the true, hard-working American, a car that has brought the automotive equivalent of the American dream within the reach of the typical guy, girl or family. Whereas the Corvette was more like a rich boy's toy.
I can picture Bruce Springsteen in a Mustang, for instance, but not in a Corvette. :)

Sure, that disgusting piece of barf running on Duracells does taint the Mustang's name a bit, unfortunately, but even that can't erase fifty years of history during which we, Europeans, used to lust for a Mustang more badly than a child does for candy and to consider it even more of an American symbol than Coca Cola. ā¤
Yes I agree. Mustangs have always been cheap, practical cars (or at least the low optioned versions were cheap and somewhat practical), and they have been for typical Americans more so than being a car only a few can afford.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Only Mustang & Corvette IMHO.

OP
OP
ay1820

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Boy, I never thought I would touch off such a debate by giving some props to Mustangs on a Mustang forum šŸ¤£

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Boy, I never thought I would touch off such a debate by giving some props to Mustangs on a Mustang forum šŸ¤£
Just shows who the real mustang lovers are šŸ˜

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Sorry, but I have no brand loyalty... to any brand. I thought you presented a very interesting light topic for discussion.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Sorry, couldnā€™t help but think of this. Heard it a million times growing up.

Do you remember this one? This is how the expression "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" came to be. She sang this song at the end of her TV show every night.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
GBA

DSC_0080.JPG
Sponsored